IX: i want to break free

"you're so self satisfied I don't need you."

Juliet had managed to get Caspian to agree on taking her to the raid, but deep down she had an awful feeling something very bad was going to happen

Juliet had managed to get Caspian to agree on taking her to the raid, but deep down she had an awful feeling something very bad was going to happen. Her and Edmund has been told they were riding in on griffins and that made her feel slightly better seeing as that meant she'd be with Edmund the whole time. He hadn't let go of her hand until Peter came into sight.

"Ready?" Peter asked Edmund clearing up the plan once more.

Edmund nodded. "Got it." He knew he'd be okay with Juliet. The young Telmarine gave her brother a quick smile before the griffin picked her up by its claws and left with them both. It wasn't long until they reached the castle and Edmund looked over at Juliet, seeing the fear in her eyes.

"You ready to jump?" Edmund shouted as Juliet replied and they were both dropped by their companions and landed on the roof of a turret.

Juliet could see a guard down below them and gestures to him. Edmund nodded and they both made their way towards him, before Juliet jumped down and knocked him out, muffing him with a piece of scarf Caspian always made her carry incase she needed to strangle someone, and kicking him off the side of the turret. Edmund followed her.

Both teenagers made their way to the walls of the turret and looked out for their siblings. Ed started to flash the torch, on, off, on, off. The signal. Juliet could see that they'd landed in the courtyard safely and that more trooped has started their walk towards the castle.

"Edmund this is wrong." She whispered, he didn't reply. Edmund was too busy signalling with his torch.

Suddenly, an earsplitting scream echoed around the two of them and Juliet moved closer to Edmund. "What was that?" He asked no one.

"My Aunt." Juliet said before realising. "Caspian. Your brother is going to be so pissed with him."

Edmund laughed as he swung his torch around in his other hand, the one that wasn't clutching onto Juliet's. He continued to laugh at her before losing control of the torch and letting it fall from his grasp, and onto the bridge below them. "Idiot." He cursed himself.

"Yep." Juliet corrected. Edmund ran past her and opened the door.

"Stay up here." He told her as he ran down the stairs to retrieve it. Juliet agreed and watched from the turret, where she saw that another guard had found it and was inspecting it, he switched it on and after almost blinding himself managed to turn it back off.

Juliet knew when the bells started ringing that Edmund needed to give the signal for the troops to charge. The guard was walking away though. She contemplated jumping down again but it was too high. "Edmund!" She shouted instead, catching the guards attention and allowing Edmund to jump from his place in the window and kick the torch out of the guards hands.

Juliet ran down to join him. To find he was clashing swords with the guard, he wasn't winning any time soon. She sighed, 'I have to do everything myself, hm?'

She used the end of her sword to hit the mans head and he fell to the ground. "Well quick then!" She shouted at Edmund who smirked as he tried to send the signal to the troops.

"Juliet?" Edmund said, his voice anxious. "The batteries."

Her eyebrows furrowed. "The what-now?"

"The torch won't work without the batteries!" Edmund started to look for them but Juliet didn't have a clue what they looked like.

"Got one!" Edmund celebrated as he managed to get it working and sent the signal. He turned to Juliet and sighed heavily as she ran to hug him. Her head buried into his neck as his arms wrapped tightly around her small figure.

"Okay, let's finish this then." The girl stated as they started to make their way off the bridge.

"For Narnia!"

Juliet stopped dead in her tracks as she heard the commotion below. She walked slowly over to the edge and saw that Peter had been too late, what was supposed to be a raid was now a full on battle. Juliet reached for Edmunds hand and he knew, he knew that Peter had done something very wrong.

People were banging on the door. Juliet looked left and right there was no where for them to go.

"Hey, we can jump down onto that ledge." Edmund said pointing to a slanted roof,
Juliet would've made an ignorant comment if this hadn't had been a life or death situation. They both quickly jumped down without being seen and saw that on the other side they had front row seats to why was going on in the courtyard.

"Edmund down." Juliet whispered as a line of Telmarine archers lined up across the bridge they were looking down upon.

"That's Peter." Edmund said as he followed a crossbow. Before Juliet could stop him he had jumped down onto the bridge and kicked the archer over the side of the wall.

"Ed!" Both Peter and Juliet shouted as the other archers pointed their arrows at Edmund and Juliet slid down to join him. It's not like she was going to let him die on his own. Edmund grabbed her hand and launched himself through the door behind him making sure Juliet didn't land on the floor before kicking it shut.

The archers kept shooting at the door so Edmund quickly help Juliet up, before he started to run towards another door. Juliet ran in first before Edmund joined her on another turret and locked the door behind him. The guards had followed them and were now knocking at the door impatiently. Edmund has his arms in front of Juliet before seeing something below them.

"Trust me?" Edmund asked.

"Was that a question or a statement?" Juliet asked before he made his way behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Ed, what are you doing?"

Suddenly the door burst open and Edmund smiled before falling back, Juliet screamed before realising she wasn't falling at all. The griffin flew up and over the courtyard as Edmund and Juliet climbed onto its back. "Ed look."

Edmund looked down to see many Narnia a had been captured and killed. Juliet held onto him tighter, she was crying.

🖤