XXVII: i was born to love you

"i was born to love you, with every single beat of my heart."

"Are you scared?" Caspian asked his younger sister as he helped her with her armour

"Are you scared?" Caspian asked his younger sister as he helped her with her armour. She glared at him from the mirror and smiled.

"Yeah, I am." She told him outwardly. "Not about the island though."

Caspian narrowed his eyes at her as she spun round to collect her sword from its comfortable place on the bed. "What about then?"

Juliet sighed as she buckled the sword into her belt. "About the Pevensie's leaving." She admitted. "I'm never going to see Edmund again when Aslan decides it's time for them to leave."

Caspian could tell his sister was upset, distraught over the whole situation. He sat down on the bed and grabbed her hands in his. "Then go with him."

Juliet snapped her head up. "What?"

"Go with him and live in his world, I know he'd want the same and I want you to be happy." Caspian told her, Juliet thought he was thinking too much. She herself would do anything to spend the rest of her life with Edmund, but leaving her brother knowing he had no one would break her heart completely. Caspian had always looked after her, and she'd never been able to repay the favour.

"Cas?" Juliet asked. "The green mist, it's showing you dad, isn't it?" Caspian looked down in defeat.

"He'd be so unimpressed with me."

"Caspian, you're talking bullshit." Juliet strangled him into a hug. "And it doesn't matter what he thinks, you're my brother Caspian, I love you."

Someone knocked on the door. "Come in, Ed." Caspian shouted as Edmund opened the door and let himself in. "Juliet, do you mind if we have a moment?" His sister shook her head and started to walk towards the door, she grabbed Edmund's arm and looked into his eyes. He was scared too.

When she'd left Caspian looked at Edmund and smiled proudly. "In case we don't get through - whatever this is. I want you to know I think of you as my brother Ed."

Edmund beamed. "Me too."

Caspian nodded. "If my sister decides to travel back with you, if she decides to leave Narnia-"

"Wait, she's thinking of coming back with me and Lucy?" Edmund asked, not believing what he'd heard, Caspian ignored him.

"Will you look after her?" Caspian pointed at him with stern eyes.

Edmund smiled at him. "I love her, Caspian. Of course I will."

XXX

"No matter what happens here, every soul who stands before me has earned their place on the crew of the Dawn Treader. Together we have travelled far, together we have faced adversity, together we can do it again. So now is not the time to fall to fears and temptations, be strong. Never give in. Our world, our Narnia lives depend on it. Think of the lost souls we're here to save. Think of Aslan. Think of Narnia."