XVI: we are the champions

"i've paid my dues."

"Edmund?" Juliet knocked at the door of the room he was getting changed in

"Edmund?" Juliet knocked at the door of the room he was getting changed in. "I've got something for you." Edmund was fiddling with the piece of parchment he'd been holding when they'd arrived. Her letter.

"Come in." He said, she opened the door and smiled as she handed him a velvet waistcoat. "Thanks."

Juliet waited a second as he put the waistcoat on. "I missed you, Ed." He paused and turned to her. "Loads."

Edmund smiled at her, opening his arms wide. She walked towards him and let herself be cradled in his arms. He kissed her forehead gently as they both just stood there and smiled. "As much as I'd love to stay here, Caspian has something to show you."

Edmund followed Juliet hand in hand to meet Caspian and when they did meet he smiled at his sisters happiness. He led them to a room full of glass cabinets with a giant golden face of a lion on one side.

Lucy went over to a window. "Look, Susan's bow and arrow."

"Lucy." Juliet has taken something out of a cabinet and was walking over to her with it.

Lucy's face lit up when she saw what it was. "My healing cordial." She walked up to Juliet. "And my dagger, may I?"

Juliet laughed at her insolence. "Well of course, they are yours." Lucy took them out and attached both to her belt. Edmund was watching Juliet but out of the corner of his eye saw something else as well.

"Peter's sword."

"Yes," Caspian nodded. "Looked after it as promised. Here." Caspian took the sword off the wall and tried to hand it to Edmund. After being in his brother's shadow the whole time Juliet thought he might take it.

But he didn't. "No it's yours, Peter have it to you."

"Aha, we did save this though." Juliet tapped Lucy's shoulder and pointed to a separate cabinet with a torch in it. Caspian took it out and showed it to Edmund who lit up, literally. Ed took it to see if it still worked after two years, it definitely did.

XXX

"How long have you been on this boat?" Edmund asked Juliet as they followed Drinian, the ship's captain, to another room full of maos and pictures.

"A few months, this whole thing is like a bloody maze though." Juliet whispered. "Sometimes I think I'm going to open a door and fall straight into the sea."

"Juliet, focus." Caspian raised his eyebrows at his sister and she went to stand by his side to study the map he was currently leaning over. "As soon as we left the giants of the north have surrendered to us."

"And we defeated the Calaman Armies off the great Desert." Juliet finished.

Caspian nudged her shoulder seeing as he wanted to be the one talking. "There was peace across all of Narnia."

"Peace?" Edmund asked unbelievably.

Caspian nodded. "In just two years."

"And have you found yourself a queen in those two years?" Lucy asked.

Caspian scoffed. "I don't really need a queen, not when I've got this on bossing me round every minute of every day!" He threw his arm puns his sisters shoulder and pulled her closer to him as they both laughed.

"Hang on." Edmund furrowed his forehead. "If there are no wars to fight, and no one's in trouble, then why are we here?"

Caspian looked down. "That's a good question, we've been asking ourselves the same thing."

"Where are we sailing to?" Lucy asked innocently.

"Before Caspian took the throne back from that cow of a man, he tried to kill our fathers closest friends and most loyal supporters." Juliet told her.

Lucy smiled. "Definitely sounds like Miraz."

Caspian turned to a board at the back of the room. Pictures of men's faces plastered all over like it was some sort of a murder investigation. "The seven Lords of Telmar." Caspian explained. "They feels to the lone islands, no ones heard from them since."

Lucy stood examining the map still as Edmund was watched the men's faces on the wall as if they would suddenly move all at once. "So you think something's happened to them?" Edmund asked the siblings.

Juliet's head flicked up to meet with Caspian's eyes. "Well if something has happened to them, it's our duty to find out, right Cas?"

"Mhm." Caspian nodded strongly before sighing.

Lucy nudged Juliet. "What's East of the Lone Islands?"

"Uncharted waters-"

"Things you could barely imagine." Captain Drinian interrupted the girl as Caspian turned to watch his sister's face turn into a scowl. "Tales of sea-serpents and other monsters."

Edmund tried his best not to laugh. "Sea serpents?"

"Alright Captain, that's enough of your tall tales." Caspian chuckled as Juliet rolled her eyes at the two grown men and Reepicheep arrived at the door.

"I hate to disturb you, your majesty. But the men need you on deck." The small mouse said as he bowed before Caspian.

Juliet scoffed. "Oh yes my Lord, off you go now good sir, up to the deck. Chop, chop!" Juliet clapped her hands and strolled out of the room as Edmund smiled to himself, he was glad to have her back.

🖤