Chap.13

Ice-cream and cookies are available for all of you who answered my question in the chapter before this, love ya. You can get them at the end of this chapter :)

Okay, so many of you are confused about Jamal and you don't know who he is or whatevaa. So let me clear any confusions..

Jamal is the one that took Isra to the hospital (Chap.10)

He is married to Hafsa (she's Isra's cousin)

He was at the 'eid breakfast thingy' and Isra mentions that they have become close,  like brother & sister, just like her and Zain (Melissa's husband)

Samjhe aap? 

Comprendes?

Musha fahamu?

Do you understand?

I hope I've been helpful anyway, enjoy this little chapter in Marc's P.O.V, hopefully you'll learn a little more about Jamal.

_______________________________________

After being assured by Isra that he looked amazing, Marc had wanted to, but didn’t, tell her that she also looked beautiful. So beautiful that he had forgotten he was only met to have eyes for Amanda.

But even so, he could not help shooting her, Isra, small glances during breakfast. Watching the way she would bite into the food and close her eyes momentarily to take in how delicious it was, her whole face brightening up. The way she spoke and laughed with Melissa and Anaya like they were her own sisters, or when she nearly choked on a samboosa when Anaya had whispered something to her. She was just...different. He’d figured that much out the first time he met her. He’d wanted to laugh at her expression the day that he’d accidentally barged her to the ground but, of course, his ego and arrogance got the best of him so he’d ended up acting like a complete “jerk” to him. He recalled the bright and colourful clothes she had worn; she really stood out from the crowd.  Her choice of clothing was, well, unprofessional and amusing too.

Isra was witty, fearless, amusing and let’s not forget beautiful. But she also seemed mysterious, like she has a story that you’d only get to know if you were really close to her.

And I want to know her story Marc thought as he glanced at Isra just as she scrunched her nose, then started fanning her mouth; she probably ate something spicy.

Then he noticed Jamal, that bastard. He sat between Zain and Dayyaan, opposite Marc who sat next to Amanda and Dayyaan.

Marc could see the way Jamal would glance at Isra and then look away quickly if she turned her head, the asshole would even smile whilst looking at her. Marc wanted to punch him, or kill him, but he knew he couldn’t do anything, not yet.

He could tell how everyone thought of Jamal to be a sweet, sincere guy, but little did they know. And Jamal, being the idiot he is, thinks he has everyone fooled.

Marc recalled the night when he discovered what an ass Jamal really was.

Marc had been in a meeting with a client who was in Japan over skype. The meeting had run for almost 3 hours and had ended at 11pm. When it was finally over, he was ready to go home.

When he had come out of the lift, he found Emily with Jamal all over her; it was not a very pleasant site. At first he didn’t know it was Jamal, his back was facing him but when Marc decided to interrupt their little session, they had both whipped around to face him.

“Um, it’s not what it looks like?” Emily spoke, fixing her hair and clothes hastily.

“I don't care, that should not happen again. As long as you work for me you have to be professional, or you can get lost. This is a warning, next time I won't hesitate in taking your jobs away from you,” Marc was disgusted.