Chap.4

My eyes grew wide and I approached him – while still keeping a good distance –to try and comprehend what he just said.

Before I had the chance to speak, the door flung open revealing a tall, teenage girl with long blonde locks that were flying everywhere as she tried to catch her breath.

“Anaya what are you doing here?” Sir spoke, so I guess her name is Anaya. That’s a really beautiful name.

“Marc!” she enveloped him into a bear hug, not being affected by his rudeness at all.

Although Marc, I mean Sir, tried his best to look annoyed I saw a smile – a genuine smile- on his face.

I don’t care, this girl is superwoman. How did she manage to make him smile just by hugging him? I must admit though, sir looks good when he smiles. He should really do it more often. The way his facial features just seemed to look better when he smiles is definitely a stupendous view.

All this time I had thought that there was a deeper reason as to why he was such a bitter person. But I guess I thought wrong since all it took to make him happy was a visit from this girl who could be his sister or cousin ... or something. I wouldn’t know since they didn’t actually share any physical similarities.

I studied them both quietly as they conversed. The girl, Anaya, was rather pale whereas sir was fairer. Anaya is obviously a blonde but sir’s hair is dark chocolate. And the eyes; Anaya has green while sir has grey...or olive green, I still haven’t figured it out.

“Who’s this?” I was pulled out of my thoughts as both Anaya and Marc, I mean sir, turned to me.

“My assistant. Isra, Anaya. Anaya Isra,” he waved his hands between us and I found myself shaking Anaya’s hand. Wait...does this mean I’m still working here?

“Hi, I'm Anaya, his sister,” she beamed. So they are related.  I nearly choked but managed to crack a smile nonetheless.

How can this pretty nice girl come from the same family as this monster?

“Marc what happened to Amanda? This one doesn’t seem your type at all,” she continued, my eyes widened at the comment and I stood confused as she poked her brother’s side playfully whilst wiggling her eyebrows.

“Anaya, grow up. And I’m busy so get out,” sir ordered as he went to sit at his desk, not exactly affected by Anaya’s comment.

I, on the other hand, am confused as hell. I mean, first off, who’s Amanda? And what did she mean by me not being his ‘type’. And am I still working here or no?

Too busy trying to clear everything out in my head, I hadn’t noticed Anaya leave.

“Sir, who’s Amanda?” I asked, sitting in front of his desk.

I waited patiently for him to reply as his eyes stayed fixed on his computer screen.

“My assistant,” he said.

I was a taken back to say the least. I mean if Amanda is his assistant then why did Anaya make the comment about something to do with his ‘type’.

Maybe it’s just me, but I thought she was talking about the type of girls sir is interested in, in general. Like the type of girls that he dates. Or maybe I’m over-thinking things and she was just talking about the type of girls he hires to work for him and was implying that I’m different from them. However, I don’t know if I should be offended or not?

“Sir, do you have a girlfriend?” I found myself asking.

If he does then that means Anaya wasn’t talking about the girls sir likes to be in that kind of relationship with.