Chap.16

'Tis 2015!!

I know I have taken a really long time to update and I'm truly sorry for that (and because this chapter is short -oops) but, HAPPY NEW YEARRSSS GUYSS!!

Inshaallah this year is a good one x

Ummm yeah, enjoy ❤

--------

Marc and Isra sit in the car, neither saying a word until Isra can’t help it anymore.

“I know you’re angry-“

“No shit.”

Isra glances at him from the corner of her eye and decides to ignore him, “but I just know that-

“That what, you can’t be trusted with my sister? Tell me something I don't know.”

“Marc you do realise you’re not the only one who’s worried, right? I am freaking out right now.”

“I think you should just-

“I think you should stop the car”

“What?”

“Stop the car.”

The car comes to a stop. Isra starts unbuckling her seatbelt but before she can make any other move, Marc grabs her wrist.

“Where do you think you're going?”

Looking at the green-or-blue eyes, Isra demands, “let go.”

“Isra-

“It’s my fault and I know that but...you don't need to keep reminding me because I already feel so bad...let go, Marc.”

“Fine,” Marc releases Isra’s wrist from his grasp and just as he does Isra is out of the vehicle, slamming the door behind her. A moment later, Marc is stood in front of her. “I hate to be the one stating obvious facts, but this is not the time to be dramatic.”

“All my life... I have never done anything right; I’m always messing things up, ruining someone’s day or just...screwing things up. Marc I am sorry about Anaya but you have got to understand that whatever has happened wasn’t in my power.”

Sighing, Marc realises that he may have been the one overreacting and probably shpuldnt be pointing fingers at anyone,“It’s fine.”

“It’s not fine, it never is,” with glassy eyes, she looks up at Marc.

Realising how affected Isra was by his accusations, Marc takes a small step towards her; his eyes, body and heart loosening. He wanted to comfort her; wrap his arms around her and embrace her tightly.

But before he can do anything, his phone vibrates in his pocket.

Jamal

**

As the pair pull up in the driveway, a young teenage boy around Anaya’s age, exits the house. Pulling his hood over his head, he disappears and is out of sight within seconds. Shooting each other confused looks, Marc and Isra enter the house where they are greeted with worried faces from everyone apart from Anaya who sits with a vacant, blank expression communicating with no-one.

Melissa shoots them a hopeless look as she approaches them.

“I don't know what to do, she won't talk she doesn’t want to eat she won't tell me, or any of us, where she’s been and it’s literally driving me insane because she was fine this morning,” she rants, placing a hand on her forehead and another on her waist.

“Who was that boy that just left?”

The two women shoot Marc an incredulous look.

“What?”

“Are you serious?” Melissa asks and without waiting for an answer she turns around, “I’m going to lay down, I really just...”

“What did I say?” Marc mutters, confused.

“Your sister has been, hm, kidnapped and has been returned, Alhamdulillah. She’s clearly traumatised by whatever took place and we don't know what took place by the way. And the only thing bothering you is who that boy was? I mean seriously, who cares?” Isra raises an eyebrow at Marc who stares back, confounded.

“But she’s back home, exactly what is there to be so worried about now. That is, concerning Anaya. She’s fine, she’s in one piece still breathing and she’s at home...where she should be. I don't-I don't understand where the worrying and the stressing part come into this, I really don't.” He didn’t feel any need to be worried when nothing serious had actually happened. She’s alive and that is a good enough reason to not worry at all anymore.

“She’s really upset,” Amanda suddenly appears, “Maybe we should do something.”

“I agree,” Isra shrugs.

“I’ll just transfer money into her account and one of you can take her shopping or something,” Marc dismisses.

“That’s great, because giving her money is the only way to cheer her up,” Isra says, her voice thick with sarcasm.

“Wait, maybe online shopping will do I don't think she should be going out,” Marc says, looking up from his phone.

“Maybe I should just stab myself right now,” letting out a defeated sigh, Isra walks away from the couple.

“What did I say this time?” Marc mutters, staring at Isra’s retreating back. “Hey, er, that boy that was here, who is he?”

“He didn’t say much but it looks like your baby sister may or may not have a boyfriend,” Amanda smirks.

“I don't think so, she’s 16,” Marc says, furrowing his eyebrows.

“Exactly,” Amanda whispers planting a kiss on Marc’s cheek, “Bye babe.”