Chap.7

After two weeks of working at the Franklin household, it’s safe to say that many things don’t go unnoticed. People seem to run on a daily schedule; starting from Marc all the way to the workers.

For starters, Anaya, she’s pretty much normal but for a 15-year-old I do believe she sleeps way earlier than the average and she seems to only go school whenever she feels like it. And I can’t quite put my finger on why; but although she comes across as a very cheerful and jolly person, I do sometimes feel that behind that smile there’s a story that is never mentioned. Sometimes she looks very distant, like something’s troubling her, holding her back, but she successfully covers it up by simply being happy. And then the workers; apart from Julie, they all just come, work, and leave. Julie, the traitor, is the oldest out of them all and she’s pretty much the ‘mother’ figure. She tells people off, she takes control, she knows what’s best when it comes to Anaya, she’s very blunt and she’s very kind at heart. Yup, she’s definitely a mother.

Gosh I thought I was describing Neha for a second.

Speaking of which, Neha and Hafsa have both been very busy planning the wedding which is apparently taking place next week. So soon, I know. But according to Hafsa, ‘it’s the perfect time!’ And I think that may be because Ramadan is nearing and she can’t wait a whole month to finally be a bride and wife. I would’ve been part of the planning and the process but, I think I’ve said this before, I’m very lazy. And it didn’t help that sir was always demanding something from me; starting from coffee to arranging meetings and appointments to getting him ‘important’ files and yadda yadda yadda. Not to mention, how we cannot go a day without wanting to strangle one another. It’s tiring, it really is.

I let myself in the house with the spare key that Anaya had given me, expecting the usual faces, I walked into the living room. What I didn’t expect was an annoyed looking Anaya, an overwhelmed-looking sir, an overly-excited woman and an amused-looking man. It was a rather comical view.

Anaya seemed to have noticed me first for she practically ran towards me and collapsed on me making me stumble a little.

“Isra, gosh I thought you’d never come!” she squealed.

By now, all eyes had turned on us.

“Well here I am! What’s going on?”

That seemed to have wiped her smile away and a pout formed on her lips. “Those idiots are nothing but annoying.”

The man who I’ve never seen before playfully cocked his eyebrows at her, “Excuse me?”

“Apart from Dayyaan, those idiots are annoying,” this seemed to have made the man, whose name I’m guessing is Dayyaan, happy whilst the other two shot daggers at Anaya. “Don’t look at me like that...you both know damn well that you’re annoying.”

I giggled at her bluntness before turning it into a cough as sir and the woman shot daggers at me.

“Marc, darling, who is this?”

Sir snaked an arm around the woman’s size zero waist and his eyes met mine.

“My assistant... Isra. Isra, Amanda, my girlfriend. Amanda, Isra.”

“Nice to meet you,” I smiled.

Her grey eyes looking at me from the floor and up before responding, “Likewise.”

Just then, the Arab looking  man deliberately cleared his throat, as if trying to make his presence known.

“Ah yes, of course, Isra meet Dayyaan...the attention-seeking ass who I like to call my brother,” Marc smirked towards the man, Dayyaan.