Epilogue

After six months away from home, Barry and Caitlin finally landed. Gone were the worries and swept in were the jitters and excitement of seeing their families again and finally being back to where they belong. Though this time things were different, this time they were together and that was a first for everyone.

Their plane landed at JFK airport at three O'clock in the afternoon. It had rained almost all the way yet it was still a calm flight that was filled with kisses and cuddles of excitement. It felt as if they are little children again, shaking with anticipation of going to a candy store almost tasting the treats that awaited them there. It was the start of their new lives and together they were almost there and so close. It was only a few hours away.

Next thing they knew they were cruising through customs and grabbing their bags. This was it. The waiting and wishing and hoping was finally over. Just a few steps and they would be back with their families. Their mothers and fathers'standing on only the other sides of these walls. With one of their hands each on their suitcases and the others clasped together, Barry and Caitlin took a deep breath before arriving forward towards the exit.

In a matter of camera flashes, there were shouting and complete strangers calling out their names asking all aorta of questions. But right at the front four people stood who took all of that shock away. The couple rushed forward and rushes into the arms of their parents who each hugged their only child that for some time thought they were dead.

"Oh, my darling boy, you're home! You're home!" Barry's mother, Nora, whimpered holding and almost suffocating him very close.

"Mom, I know, I'm here. You have no idea how much I've missed you both" he replied, tears welling up in his eyes. It had been so long and too long. Just seeing his parrots in the flesh was enough to set him off almost blubbering.

On the other side, Caitlin was also being another by her parents particularly her father who loved his daughter more than anything else in the universe. And although he wanted to get the scoop on this Barry who she was supposedly engaged to and the man she had been marooned with, right now he was far more concerned with her.

"You have no idea how much your mother and I have missed you, Cait. We are both so glad to see you back safe, love" her father murmured, holding his daughter close in his arms whilst his wife joined in on the side.

"I know, daddy, I know. We have so much to talk about and catch up on but I've missed you guys so much, you have no idea. I wasn't sure whether I'd ever get to see you again so I could tell you just how much I love you" Caitlin smiled with tears of joy present in her eyes.

"We love you too, darling, we love you too"

After all, was said and done the six of them all headed to Barry's parents' house where Caitlin's where also staying. The two parents had been together for the last few days as her parents had flown from Madison to New York to greet their daughter when she arrived. But it had given them the perfect opportunity to get to know each other in the run-up to their children's return. They had all gotten the scoop on the other couple's child and all seemed to be well.

Both Barry and Caitlin unpacked in Barry's childhood bedroom after returning back to the house, getting ready to go out for food very soon. It seemed like the appropriate setting to talk everything over. But it was also the best way of meeting each other's parents efficiently in the run-up to their upcoming nuptials. That was after all another thing for them to plan, of course. Not only their wedding but Caitlin's move to New York etc. There was just so much to do and organise in such a short space of time. After all, they wanted to be in the same city as quickly as possible and get married as soon as possible.

It's not as if they wanted a big fancy wedding. Just their closest family and friends to attend and see them begin the rest of their lives together. After all they had been through to get back home some showy ceremony wasn't up their alley at all. Sure, Caitlin still wanted a nice white dress and maybe a bit of a party but nothing flamboyant or gimmicky. It's not as if they couldn't afford it either, they both had plenty of money saved up but they wanted to use it for a nice house, not necessarily a big fancy wedding.