Chapter 8

For the first time in years, Caitlin Snow did not wake up with a start. She woke hazily and calmly, feeling the raw skin of another beside her. Somehow, since she was still not entirely conscious, she knew instantly who she was lying next to. It was a slow process- the memories flowing in- leaving her with a dreamy almost ethereal smile on her face along with a pink blush on her cheeks. It was something she had not felt for a long time and that felt good. Happiness had escaped her for so long and now she was waking up as if she was a whole new and different woman. If she was feeling particularly sappy she could brand it as a new dawn for her but then again she had every reason to be feeling sappy- she was lying naked next to a handsome naked man who she loved with all her heart on the beach after making love the previous night. She had every right to be on cloud nine.

She turned onto her side, feeling his arms curl around her tighter to bring her closer, a sleepy moan leaving his mouth as he did not want her to move an inch even if he was fast asleep. Though, Caitlin remarked in her head, if he was awake he still wouldn't be able to see. His hair was messily swept across his forehead practically covering in eyes from the position he was sleeping in. She wasn't quite sure but there was a quite high chance that his hair was only like that because of something that she did at the end of their... tryst. She placed a hand on his cheek and almost giggled out loud when she noticed all of the hickeys that she had left on his shoulder and even a few scratches on his back. Normally she would cut her nails down by now but she had no way of doing that out here- not that Barry seemed to he complaining last night, not at all.

But equally, she had a few hickeys on her chest and neck. They had both left their marks on each other and for good reason. Last night wasn't a night that either was going to go about forgetting anytime soon. Or ever. She had expected him to be a great lover but she really had no idea- the whole night they had been together had been completely amazing. More than she had ever imagined it would be. Not even in her dreams had it been so perfect. He was by far the best she had ever had but not just because of him specifically. The setting and the atmosphere was just so right. There was no denying that it was the perfect way to do it and she couldn't be happier with the mood of the whole evening. She only hoped that he felt the same way about their night. But surely he would, he loved her too.

"... Cait...?" She heard him mumble gently as he woke, feeling his fingers caress her hip bone where they been resting all night while they slept.

Caitlin turned her head towards him and smiled softly, taking his hand and kissing it. She bit her lip to contain her smile then came closer, settling against his chest just over his heart. It was a soothing feeling and one that she wouldn't let go off for the world.

"Morning, how did... how did you sleep?" She asked, slipping her hand into the one winding around her waist. The other lay against his chest, fingers absent-mindedly thumbing his skin. They were only little touches but they felt like fire to him, enough to make his blood boil in love for her.

"Good, the best I've slept since we got here. I have a feeling it had something to do with you beside me. What about you, love, did you sleep as well as I did?" He replied, how own fingers rubbing her hip bone once again and squeezing her hand.

"You have no idea. I don't think I ever slept so well since I was just a little girl. I honestly can't remember a time where I have ever been this happy. You make me happier than I ever thought I could be. Waking up just now was the most free and unburdened I have felt in so so long," she sighed in sheer joy, placing a rogue kiss on his chest.

"I feel the same way, Cait, I really do. I know things are going to change between us now but having you in my bed feels so right, would you not consider staying here every night? I don't see why we can't share this bed every night. Like living together though we sort of already do. It would be nice wouldn't it?" He practically pleaded with wide puppy dog eyes begging for her to say yes. She couldn't help but oblige, she wanted this so much too.