Chapter Fifteen

A/N AAAAAHHHHHH! I am so excited for these next few chapters! They are literally my entire reason for writing this story, and something I couldn't wait to share with you. And the time has finally come!

I hope you all enjoy these next few chapters as much as I have fantasizing about them for the past few months! ENJOY!

- Nat

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

I was woken early in the morning by Enjolras shifting behind me. I sat up, still really groggy.

"Enjolras, whats going on?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

"Shh, it's ok go back to sleep. I'm just going to go and check on the other barricades." He whispered, as not to wake up the others.

"I'll come with you." I said as I started to stand up.

"No, no. You go back to sleep, I won't be long" He said kissing my forehead. I shrugged off his jacket to hand it to him. It was rather cool this morning, so he might need it. "You keep it Valerie, I'll be alright without it. You were shivering quite a bit last night, so you need it more than I do." He smiled down at me as he took the jacket from my hand and placed it back around my shoulders and kissing me quickly before he quickly snuck out of the barricade. I watched until he climbed down the other side of the barricade before settling back into sleep, hugging Enjolras jacket around me.

I woke up again some time later to the boys shuffling around the barricade. I sat up a bit more, so that I could fully wake up.

"Good morning Mademoiselle!" Gavroche said as he walked over to me, smiling from ear to ear.

"Good Morning Gavroche! How did you sleep last night?" I smiled back at him.

"Very well!" He said before he started to walk back to Courfeyrac who was sitting talking to Jean.

"Hey Gavroche, has Enjolras returned yet?" I called to the boy. He stopped and turned back around to face me.

"Not yet, but I think he could be back any minute." He said and ran off. I sighed and stood up stretching my arms. I went to go and stand at the door of the café, nervously playing with my engagement ring. Why isn't he back yet? How long has he been gone? Maybe something happened to him.

My mind started to wander of all the possible things that could have happened to him. Without thinking I started climbing up the barricade and trying to climb down the other side.

"Valerie! Where are you going?" I could hear Marius shouting as he climbed up behind me.

"I'm going to find Enjolras, he left early this morning and isn't back yet. I need to go make sure he's okay!" I said as Marius grabbed my hand, stopping me at the top.

"Valerie, it's not safe. At least let me go with you." Marius pleaded. It was as if it was like clockwork, because I turned back around to start my climb down the other side, just as Enjolras was arriving back. I let out a sigh of relief. Marius, Enjolras and myself climbed down to the bottom before I threw myself at Enjolras, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Thank God, you're okay! What took you so long!" I pulled away to look at his face, only to find defeat written across his face. "What's wrong?" I asked letting go of him.

"We're the only ones left." He said quietly

"What?" I asked, not completely believing with what I am hearing.

"Enjolras, the rain damaged the gun powder last night, we are low on ammunition" Marius said coming over to us, he went to go say something else but Enjolras cut him off.