Chapter Ten

(Valerie's P.O.V)

The next few days have been nothing, but making sure that we are ready for the funeral and the beginning of our revolution. Enjolras has been working day and night to make sure that we had everything we needed, and that everyone was completely clear as to what was to happen the day of General Lamarque's funeral.

It was the day before the funeral, I had woken up rather early, unable to sleep. I just stared out the window, and watched the night turn to day. Excitement and worry filling my thoughts. I was excited to be part of this change that was to come, but I also worried for Enjolras and the boys. I know for a fact, that I would not be able to live without Enjolras if he were to fall during this revolution. I was lost in my thoughts when I felt an arm snake its way across my waist. I looked over my shoulder to see that Enjolras had woken up. I smiled at him slightly before looking back out the window. Enjolras moved closer to me and kissed my shoulder.

"Good morning beautiful." He said in a groggy voice. I smiled again before turning so that I was facing him.

"Good Morning" I said kissing him. When we pulled apart Enjolras jumped out of bed and over to the wardrobe in the room and getting dressed. I watched as he buttoned up his vest, he looked at me out of the corner of his eyes as he did up the top button.

"What?" He smiled at me.

"Nothing, I was just thinking about how lucky I am to have you." I said looking down and playing with the ring that was on my finger.

"I think I am the lucky one, because I get to have the most beautiful, and passionate woman to call mine." He said coming over to my side of the bed leaning over to give me a kiss. "Now, we really must be on our way, we have so much to do before tomorrow." He said standing back up.

"You go ahead, I will be there shortly" I said and Enjolras kissed my cheek again before leaving the apartment for the café. I got up as well and got dressed in a simple light blue dress. I pinned back my hair in a neat bun and was out the door. When I had arrived at the café Enjolras and the rest of the men were already hard at work finishing the final preparations for tomorrow. Everyone was rushing around gathering the old guns we had purchased with the money I had saves up, as well as melting all the metal dishware we could find. I looked around at everyone working busily when my eyes settled on Enjolras, who was over in his usual corner staring at maps. I smiled and walked over to him.

"Everyone seems excited for tomorrow." I said gesturing to the men in the room who were smiling and laughing with each other. Enjolras glanced up quickly.

"Yes, they are. But now I'm not sure. Everything seems so wrong!" He said gesturing to the map he was looking at.

"What on earth do you mean? Eponine picked perfect places for the barricades, easy access for us to help defend if needed, and hard for the police and national guard to get to! Everything will work out fine" I said placing my hand on his shoulder to reassure him.

"Thank you, Mon Amor" He smiled up at me grabbing my hand. He stood up and looked around the room. "Have you seen Marius? Why isn't her here?" Enjolras said looking around the room in confusion searching for Marius.

"You know, come to think of it. I haven't seen him in a few days. He hasn't been at the last few meetings. I only hear him come home late at night, and he's gone by morning." I say.

"When was the last time you talked to him" Enjolras said looking at me seriously.

"Two days ago. The night that he left the meeting early. He came to talk to me while I was reading after you escorted me home. He said he wasn't sure about this anymore." I explained. Then it hit me. "Oh no! You don't think?" I looked at Enjolras with wide eyes.