Fireworks

Young Justice is not mine.

Flames will not be tolerated, but I gladly accept constructive criticism.

~~~

Fireworks

"Sometimes we are taken into trouble waters not to drown, but to be cleansed."

- Lolly Daskal

~~~

UNKNOWN

Kayanna laughed.

The sound was muffled slightly by the sound of splashing water as she raced along the shore, her brother, Kyle, chasing after her. Her mother, Elizabeth, was sat on a towel on the beach, watching her children fondly as her father, Koda, grilled some hot dogs.

Kayanna had always enjoyed the water, and today was no exception.

Time runs short.

Kayanna blinked.

There was a man- no, a boy- with raven black hair and bright blue eyes that appeared and stood across the beach from Kayanna and her family. He stood their stoically, emotionless gaze glued to the brunette as she attempted to ignore him, but she found herself constantly looking over her shoulder at the boy.

And each time she glanced over, it looked as though he was getting closer and closer.

You must awaken.

Kayanna's breath hitched.

Time froze, the ocean breeze stilling as the world began to blur and melt away. Kayanna felt a presence behind her and whirled around to greet it. She startled slightly as she came face to face with the boy from earlier. His eyes had darkened significantly, anger and darkness swimming within the pools of blue and Kayanna's heart began to beat wildly.

The boys knuckles cracked as he clenched and unclenched his fists.

You must awaken- NOW!

And then he attacked.

~~~

Nightfall awoke with a violent jolt, a scream ripping from her throat. Her blue eyes were wide with panic as her heart beat loudly in her ears. Her eyes focused on Superboy, the clone who had mercilessly choked her into unconsciousness.

He was the boy from her dream.

A new wave of panic washed over the waterbender and she sucked in a sharp breath as his eyes snapped her way. She tried to struggle, but found herself trapped.

There was something holding onto her wrists and ankles, and the waterbender tugged at them with all her might, only for them to not budge an inch. She ignored the pain that flared up under the restraints as she continued to struggle and cry out.

"Nightfall!"

A blur of voices called out her name, but she ignored them as she continued to tug at her restraints. They wouldn't budge, and that only caused her to panic more.

My dad is going to kill me. My dad is going to kill me. My dad is going to kill me.

"Quit staring!" Kid Flash cried out, and the clone's attention snapped to the speedster, "You're freaking her out!"

Aqualad glanced at the struggling girl, demeanor calm as he voiced, "Nightfall, please, calm yourself. You are only going to hurt yourself."

Nightfall turned her head to look at the Atlantean, meeting his composed seafoam eyes. Her struggling had decreased as her strength diminished and Aqualad told her to take a deep breath, with which she did, and it helped to settle her racing heart.