End of the Summer

It's the end of summer and Darry decided to take us all out to a fancy dinner along with Baby's family. We all got dressed up and Chris decided to tell everyone tonight that we're going steady. We all ate and eventually when dinner was over Chris stood up and just said "So Savannah and I have been going steady for about 2 months and there's nothing you can do about it" he smiled as he sat down. Everyone jaw drop until Ponyboy and Two bit yelled
"Steve Soda you owe 10 Bucks!"
Darry just stuttered but didn't get anything out. Everyone just kept yelling at each other about who owed who. Vern owed Teddy like 5 bucks. I can't believe he actually put all that money on us. After a bit Darry stood up and tapped a glass.
"Alright so the reason why we came out to have a nice dinner with Baby's family and everyone is so I can do this" he said pulling baby to the front of the table.
"Francis Baby Houseman, will you please make me the happiest man alive and please join our obnoxious broken huge greaser Family" he smiled as he got down on one knee. She started crying and so did her mother and sister as she nodded yes and jumped into Darrys arms. We all screamed and hollard.
"Holy crap I got a sister in law!" I yelled hugging her. We were so loud that eventually they kicked us out of the restaurant but of course Dally and Teddy flipped the table and ran out. We all rode home in different cars since there were many of us.
"So how come you guys never told me?" Gordie asked.
"Because if it didn't work out then we didn't want you guys to be awkward about us" I explained as Chris put his arm around me.
"So how long have you guys been together?" Baby's mom asked smiling as she turned to look at us in the back seat.
"All summer ma'am" Chris smiled.
"And Darry was ok with it? You know in my time we waited I'm gonna have to talk to Darry about that" Baby's dad complained
" Well he didn't know and we've known each other since we were little so it's not like we're strangers sir" Chris said sweetly.
"Daddy you can't just change there mind leave them alone... Sides there cute together and I'm pretty sure they have lasted longer then any of my relationships" Baby's sister said smiling. Thank God the guys are in the other car. We got home and had a lot of fun it was like a bbq but without the food. We lit up fire works and sparklers, through the football around and acted like a real family. Sodapop always tickled me though to take the ball from me so that was never fair and Dally Steve and Teddy would always trip me. It was a nice night though. Chris had his arm around me during a show late at night and I just leaned on him and Baby and Darry were doing the same thing while Two bit Steve and Dally were still up with us.
"Chris you got 3 seconds to get your hands off my sister and move to the other side of the couch" Darry barked. Chris smiled and took his arm off me but didn't scoot over. Darry got up picked up Steve and threw him on me and Chris till we scooted over. Chris Baby and I laughed at it then Darry sat back down. Steve put his arm around Chris and I.
"Hey kitties so whens the wedding"
"Don't push it Steve" Soda giggled.
"Ya knowing super man he'll throw you out the window or something" Dall added. It went silent so I just went to bed and was pretty happy about how tonight went. I woke up the next morning and Baby cooked us a huge breakfast! Bacon french toast pancakes waffles fruit! You name it it was there!
"Hey Sodapop can I work with you today?" Chris asked him.
"Ya sure I'll give you one of my work shirts to use" he smiled as he grabbed pancakes.
"So you ready for your new school?" Vern asked putting every food there was on his plate.
" Not really I mean none of you guys are gonna be there but I'm sure I can cherry bomb a few toilets" I smiled whispering the last part.
"Hey Darry can you pass me the syrup please" Ponyboy asked.
"I don't know can you pass your grades" Darry asked adding the syrup on his waffles. Then Sodapop started choking.
"Too much salt!" He coughed up. Steve then just started patting his back.
"Hey Two bit Mickeys on" Baby called turning on the TV. She new the schedule for everyone and right now it was Mickey time. As we all sat and ate breakfast around the TV Darry and Baby's parents all talked in the kitchen. Steve got along real well with Baby's older sister. A little too well.
"Hey Chris so are we still gonna be able to hang out or are you guys always gonna wanna be alone" Vern asked concerned.
"No of course not" I giggled.
"We're always gonna hang out together just me and Savannah are gonna be together more" he smiled. Just then Alison walked in and I hugged her. then she ran and jumped into Vern's arms.
"Great now me and Gordie are gonna have to find a girl... Shit" Teddy mumbled.
We all smiled. (Start listening to the song)

This is my family. Ain't it strange. I know I won't be afraid of anything when I got about 12 brothers and the best boyfriend around that cares about me with all his heart. Looking over at everyone smiling laughing having fun and fighting over food made me realize how fast summer went and how fast life will go bye. Time doesn't ever stop for you that's why you gotta dream as if you will live forever and live as if you'll die today. That's why regret is useless it's in the past but you gotta live now. Be spontaneous. Don't just go somewhere. Going somewhere is for soc and sqaures you just gotta go. Enjoy the life you have now and love it for every second cause once it's gone its gone. I wish Chris and I love story could live on forever but like in all good stories it must die with us. But I know that I'll always be ok because I got the best family there is. We stand by each other and do stupid crap all the time. So just Stand by me. Is there anything else that I could really ask for? I don't think so. Just live it up like Chris and Teddy drink it down like Two bit laugh it up like Sodapop and Baby avoid the drama like Johnny cake Superman and Verno take chances like Steve and never have regrets like Dally because through out life you did what you did but you still got someone to stand by you and stay gold with.....