Professional

Vanessa's POV
After the photoshoot finishes up I leave the studio and I start walking to my car. My driver opens up the door for me as I get in and he starts driving towards the penthouse. I hear a ringing coming from my purse and I take my phone out.

"Okay Vanessa I talked to the director and he's fine with you wanting to audition but wants you to know that other girls will be auditioning for the role too. I mailed a copy of the script to you already, you'll be auditioning for Lyla Kirra(I know the name used to be Devyn but I decided to change the name of the character). She's one of the main characters in the movie." She says.

"Okay when will I get the script?" I ask.

"You'll get it today or tomorrow I think I don't know. Oh also at the audition you'll be running lines with Beckett Bradstreet." She says and when she does I almost make the driver stop the car.

"Do I really have to?" I ask in a pleading voice to see if she can get me out of this mess.

"Vanessa the director let you audition, I don't think you want to pull anymore of his strings." She says and I just sigh as my driver parks near the sidewalk of the penthouse.

"Okay I get what you're saying, I'll talk to you later I have to go." I say as I walk out of the car and I hang up.

I go up to the penthouse while my driver goes to park the car. I don't even want to look Beckett in the eyes anymore, how am I supposed to play his love interest? When I enter the penthouse I drop my purse on the counter and I check my phone.

I have a text from the babysitter saying that she took Aurora to Central Park. I also get a text from Beckett, how did he even get my number?

"Hey Vanessa it's me Beckett. I already have the contract made and all you need to do is sign it. Let's meet at Central Perk today in an hour." He says in the message.

Central Perk is close to Central Park so I guess after I'll just visit Aurora. I can't keep on seeing Beckett on a daily basis. It's been 5 years since we've seen each other, but I guess the universe doesn't care about that.

It's so awkward between us. When we try to act professionally I see him as a stranger. When I try not to he immediately turns cold and brutal. I don't know how to act around him anymore.

Beckett's POV
After I hang up I start reading my script for the movie. All of these scenes are so, familiar. Well all of the scenes that involve the character Lyla seem intimate. I still don't get why Vanessa would want to have the director do auditions.

It's not that I want her to be in the movie it's just, she would be perfect at this kind of stuff. I remember on how she used to love rom-coms and she would always force me to watch it telling me on how she hated it but loved it at the same time.

I quickly snap out of my thoughts when I hear my phone ding. It's my reminder app saying I have to meet Vanessa soon. This is going to be interesting.

Vanessa's POV
As I'm drinking my cappuccino I see him walk in with a white dress shirt and blue jeans on, I like his more casual look a lot more than the formal one.

Once he notices me he starts walking towards my table and I take out my phone and pretend that I'm texting someone. I hear his footsteps move towards me and I set down my phone as he sits down across from me. "Thanks for meeting me."

That cold tone again. That empty, emotionless tone. That blank look in his eyes. I can't keep on thinking this is the same Beckett, the same one I fell in love with. "Of course."

He orders a latte and I can tell he's trying to avoid my eyes. I know that I hurt him, I know that I was the one who made him like this. But that doesn't mean I accept it. "Let's just get straight down to business." Then Beckett pulls out a packet of papers from his briefcase and sets it down in front of me.

I start to read the papers set down in front of me. All of it seems right. The payment is better too. But I just need to know, why. "Beckett why are you doing this?" I say this as I start to sign all of the forms.

"Is it wrong for me to want to sign one of the best dancers in the world? Don't worry, this is all professional." The waitress then comes with his latte.

"I'm sorry." When those words slipped out of my mouth I immediately regretted it. We both know the reason I said that. I see a flash of something in his eyes, a flash of emotion.

"I came here to get you to sign, not to go down memory lane. I also wanted to talk to you about the movie you're apparently auditioning for." A part of me isn't surprised by the change of topic.

"Don't worry, this is all professional." When I repeat the words he had said to me only a few seconds ago I see a smirk grow on his face.

"Touché." This, I missed this. I missed him.

"But in all seriousness, it's just to expand my career." I tell him.

"Have you ever acted before?" The curiosity in his voice is fake. He's already back to being the stranger he's been so far.

"Not really. Have you?" He's avoiding my eyes again.

"I've only done some parts in shows or movies but not a full on lead." I then hand him all of the forms filled out and signed.

"Perfect. You start tomorrow, my intern will send you the details." Then he stands up and I do the same. He starts to take out his wallet but I stop him.

"I'll pay." It's like he read my mind as I tried to stop him but he puts the money on the table. "It's the least I could do for my new lead dancer."

Without a single word being said Beckett walks out of the door. Even after all that's happened, my heart lurches out of my chest as he leaves. I quickly try to piece all of my thoughts back together as I walk out of the door and I start walking towards the park.

Beckett's POV
As I walk out of the door, I have to fight the urge to go back inside. To go back to her. I start to walk towards a bench and once I sit down I put the papers in my briefcase. Just the thought of have having to see her every day, I don't know if I could handle it. This reminds me of 10 years ago, when I was worried about seeing Vanessa at the Prima Camp. Things were so much simpler back then.

I remember the day after she broke up with me I had to cancel reservations for her favorite restaurant. I was planning to take her there for diner, take a walk around her favorite lake. Then as we reached this slope there would be a heart made of lilies (her favorite flower) and candles. And then I would propose.

Hey guys! I am so sorry I have been like a literal ghost for the past few months. Things just have been really busy and complicated but I will try to get back into writing again. So what do you think of this chapter? Should I do a Beckett and Aurora scene next chapter? Please comment and I will try to update when I can. Thanks for reading!