Stranger

Vanessa's POV
I'm in my dressing room getting ready for a photo shoot that's about to happen in an hour. I'm putting on makeup when I hear the door open and I turn my head to see Carly.

Vanessa: What are you doing here?

Carly: I can't visit my best friend before a photo shoot?

Vanessa: No.

Then we both laugh and she closes her door and sits on the couch and sets her bags down.

Carly: Bradstreet is back.

When she says that I immediately drop my makeup brush and I freeze. What does she mean by that? He can't be back. Why would he be back? I open my mouth to say something but I'm interrupted when the door opens again and my makeup artist Katie comes in along with my hair designer Madeline.

Madeline: Ms. Catto I believe it is time for you to leave.

Vanessa: C are we still on for lunch with Sasha?

Carly: Yup.

Then she leaves and Katie starts doing my makeup while Madeline starts with my hair.

Beckett's POV
I walk into the building ready for my conference. My personal driver waits outside while I'm greeted by a female dancer with long auburn hair.

Dancer: Mr. Bradstreet I have an audition tape that if you could just watch you would see how right I am for your company!

Beckett: Finish your school and I will see at the end of your year when you audition.

Then I walk away and I start walking to Conference Room B. When I get there it is full of people. They have a long table in the middle that is usually used for big conferences. I sit in one of the many seats in the room and I set my briefcase down beside me. When the room is full and we start the conference I notice a familiar face in the room, Sasha Roy.

My high school and college best friend for 6 Years. I haven't seen him for 5 Years. I admit I'm a bit shocked but I still keep my emotionless face on.

Mr. Bruner: With graduates coming out from Julliard and many other famous dance schools we see it fit to have auditions soon.

Sasha: Yes but how much have they prepared for this? Schools prepare students to audition for our companies but have they ever prepared for them to get rejected?

Beckett: Mr. Roy I strongly disagree since we have all seen how this year there are many who are meant for more than just dancing in the corps.

Sasha: It doesn't matter how much talent there is at least half of those students will be rejected by there dream company and fail all other auditions in the future.

Mr. Burner: So what are you proposing Mr. Roy?

Sasha: I'm saying that we give them more time. More time to show us what we're they're made of.

Ms. Hunter: I agree with Mr. Roy. If we give them more time to prepare and accept both sides of what they're auditioning for we'll have more people in the corps and more stars.

After a lot of discussion Mr. Burner shuts his binder loud enough to silence all of us.

Mr. Burner: Okay then. I'll alert the schools and tell them that auditions have been postponed for a week. We'll talk more about this tomorrow.

Then he gets up from his chair and leaves the room and immediately after you can hear murmurs and chairs being moved. I get up from my seat and I grab my briefcase. I walk out of the door trying to push through the crowd of people. I go to the nearest door I can find and I walk out of the building. I'm in the courtyard where there's this fountain, benches, and trees. There's no one there so it seems so, peaceful.