Prolouge

Vanessa's POV
Beckett and I are in a cafe for lunch since we're both busy but we try to make time to see each other.

Vanessa: Let's break up.

After those words leave my mouth there's nothing but silence. I see the shock grow on Beckett's face and I see the pain on his face as he realizes what I just said.

Beckett: W-What?

Vanessa: Let's break up.

Those words leave my mouth so coldly and there's pain everywhere on Beckett's face. I hate seeing him like this. I see a bit of tears in his eyes. Then he gets up out of his chair and he just looks at me.

Beckett: W-Why are you saying this Vanessa?

His voice sounded weak, desperate. I get up to face him and it hurts. My heart is aching but I know that I have no right to feel this pain.

Vanessa: Let's break up.

Beckett: Stop saying that!

Then Beckett bangs his hand on the table and I flinch a bit in shock. It hurts to see the pain and tears on his face. I feel tears forming in my eyes. My chest feels, empty. My words feel useless. I feel like I'm falling in a never ending pit of despair.

Beckett: Why?

Vanessa: This, us. I can't do this.

Beckett: What did I do wrong? What brought this on?

Vanessa: My feelings for you are gone, they've been gone for a while now.

Beckett: Then every moment, every kiss we had meant nothing to you?

Vanessa: They did, once.

Beckett: How long have you been feeling like this?

Vanessa: Two months.

Beckett: Two months!? These past two months have been nothing but bothersome to you?

Vanessa: That's why I have to do this. Goodbye Beckett.

Then I walk away but Beckett grabs my hand and he turns me around to face him. I feel a warm embrace and I see that Beckett is hugging me. It isn't like the cuddling that we sometimes do. He's holding me so tight like he never intends to let go, and I don't think he does.

Vanessa: Beckett, please let go.

Beckett: Give me this. Give me one last kiss.

Then Beckett creates a small gap between us and he quickly closes it by crashing his lips against mine. This kiss was different from the others. This one felt impatient and desperate. I lightly push Beckett off of me.

Vanessa: Let's break up.

I step back from Beckett to create some distance between us. But my heart still aches and my chest still feels empty.

Beckett: Did my mom tell you to do this?

Vanessa: No, I make my own decisions. Thank you for everything, I mean it.

Beckett: How can you say that after you hurt me like this?

Beckett lets out a sarcastic laugh before he says that. I didn't know what to do. I look at the ground because I can't look at him like this. Knowing that I'm the one who caused him all of this pain.

Beckett: Look at me.

Then I slightly put my chin up a tiny bit so I can look him in the eyes. His eyes show confusion, sadness, desperation, and pain. When I look him in the eyes I feel more and more pain. The hole in my chest is growing, the aching is worse than ever.

Beckett: Why?

I couldn't answer him, and I never did. I just ran. I ran out of the cafe and I didn't look back, or at least I tried not to.

I wake up in my bed. Oh, that dream again. That memory had been replaying in my head over and over again. I get up from my bed and I go to the bathroom to brush my teeth. After the cafe I came here, to New York. It's been 5 years since then and I'm 26 now. I'm one of the top international models/dancers. I still keep in touch with Sasha and Carly but not really anyone else from high school, especially not Beckett. We never talked since that. I've tried forgetting about him but it never works. That day still haunts me, my heart still aches every time I think about it.

Beckett's POV
I wake up from my bed. Oh, that dream again. That memory has been playing over and over again in my head. I heard that Vanessa is in New York now. But who wouldn't? She's one of the most known celebrities and the most wanted woman by men. I can't help think of that day though.

I sigh and I get out of bed. I go to my bathroom to brush my teeth. 5 Years. It's been 5 Years since that day and yet I still wonder why. She never answered my question, and it's obvious she doesn't want to. I just thought that our relationship was going well. I mean we both had already graduated college back then and we even lived in the same apartment.

I was planning to propose the next day, but it was for the best I bet. I get changed into a black formal jacket and slacks with black dress shoes, a white dress shirt, and a black tie. I put my watch on and I take my phone. I walk out of my room and I start heading down stairs when I'm greeted by my butler.

Beckett: Rhys bring the car out front. And have my bags put in.

Rhys: Yes sire. Would you like breakfast first?

Beckett: Just bring the car out.

Then I continue walking down the stairs after I hand Rhys my bags. It's a pretty big flight of stairs and it leads down to the main area of the house. When I get to the bottom of the staircase I see the car parked out front. I walk out through the main doors and Rhys opens the door for me and when I get in I see my driver up front. Rhys closes the door and my driver looks at me through the rear view window as he opens up the window to drop out his cigarette.

Driver: Where to Mr. Bradstreet?

Beckett: The airport.

Then he closes the window and starts driving. Today I'm heading to New York for a conference. I live in England now but I have a house in New York. When we finally get to the airport the driver starts loading my bags out. I'm greeted by the cold air pushing against me. I can see my breath right in front of me and I can feel my hair moving along with the wind. I go inside with my driver following behind me carrying my bags.

I finally get on my plane after a few hours because I had to come early. I already ate from a cafe inside the airport. I load onto the plane and I go into the first class area and I take my seat after putting my bags away. I turn on the tv that's in front of me and I let my chair go back. When I finally arrive in New York it's already the next day. When I board off of the plane and I grab my luggages I can see the sun rising when I get outside. I wave a taxi over and I load my bags in the trunk and I get in.

Taxi Driver: Where to?

I give the girl an address to my house in New York and she starts driving. I look out the window and I see a billboard that has Vanessa on it. I've known that she's been in New York for a while now but that doesn't mean that I want to see her. Not after that day.

Hey guys! So as many of you recommended here is my Becknessa story. I know it's not a good start but I promise to try not to let you down. I will have some slow updates but I will try to work on this when I can. Please comment about what you think. If you are a new fan of my books then I am very thankful that you are reading this. Please comment and I will try to update when I can. Thanks for reading!