ch. 27

Chapter Twenty Seven;;- The Gentlest Kabedon Ever

Before they had started dating, Tamaki usually only came to pick up [name] on the days she worked late, or if they accidentally ended up going home at the same time. Now that they were dating, which still felt a little bit surreal to both of them, Tamaki came to pick her up most days, if his internship didn't get in the way.

On some days, like today, if the timing lined up, he and Mirio would go down a little bit before her shift was finished so that they could have an after school snack and walk home with her afterwards.

Since it was nearing the end of the school year-- too quickly for any of the third years' liking-- stress was steadily beginning to accumulate on their shoulders. End of year exams, entrance exams for colleges, future plans-- they were there and way too close for comfort.

So these after school visits grew ever more frequent and long, as a way of relaxing, as the end of the year came ever closer.

. . .

[name] wiped her hands on the apron around her waist, emerging from the kitchen with the tray in one hand. She usually didn't come out to serve the customers, but the familiar order had her excusing Tsuki from her duties as a waitress for a moment.

As she approached the table, she immediately noticed the lack of a certain person that wasn't usually absent. The familiar blond head was sitting at the table, but Tamaki's darker head of hair was pressed against the wall.

Pushing down her laughter, [name] set the tray on the table. She pushed Mirio's plate in front of him and placed Tamaki's in the vacant spot across from his louder friend. "He's at it already?" She asked, containing a small smile.

Mirio grinned up at her, obviously knowing who she was talking about. "I think the exam prep is getting to him." They both looked over at Tamaki's hunched form against the wall.

"I'll go talk to him, I guess." [name] put the tray back in the kitchen, then headed over to Tamaki.

When her footsteps slowed and stopped right next to him, there was only a beat of silence before a weak groan fell from Tamaki's lips. [name] laughed lightly, setting her hand on his shoulder and softly patting it. He pulled his head away from the wall, looking at her from under his slightly messy bangs.

Taking the opportunity, [name] slipped between Tamaki and the wall so that he couldn't go back to it. "What's happened, Tamaki?"

Instead of answering, he let his head fall onto her shoulder, nuzzling his nose into the crook of her neck. His breath fanned over her collarbone as a sigh tumbled passed his lips. As if he was unsure what to do with his hands, one traveled to the wall right beside [name]'s head and the other slid around her waist to pull her a smidgen closer to him.

This is... the gentlest kabedon ever, [name] thought, stifling a soft laugh. An inevitable blush rose to her cheeks at the unusual forwardness of Tamaki's actions. She glanced back at Mirio at the table, but he was happily eating his food. He didn't seem bothered by the lack of his usual companion, so [name] relaxed in Tamaki's unordinary embrace and wrapped her arms around his torso.

He held on for longer than she originally thought that he would though. Worry pooled in her stomach. "Is everything alright?" She asked, rubbing soothing circles into his back.

"Yeah..," Tamaki murmured the words into her skin, as if embarrassed by his own sappy words. "N-Now that you're with me again..."

a/n: god;;;;; the next chapter is the last chapter (excluding the epilogue) and it's bitter-fuckin-sweet. i'm gonna miss writing for my boy