author just wanted to write smthn special :-)

Special Chapter Five;;- Just A Little Longer

Sometimes, Tamaki found himself to be completely in awe of [name]. He had spent so long wrapped up in his own head, about this or that, or sometimes nothing in particular. He hated that-- the days where he had to physically take a break from what he was doing to calm himself down, to make sure his breathing wasn't too rapid and his heartrate wasn't ramping up. Those days, it felt difficult to stay away from the walls, the comfort and safety in the ability to ignore the stares for a little while.

But [name], she was something else. Tamaki knew she wasn't immune to nervous thoughts, of course, she was human. He knew sometimes she had her own doubts and worries about things, but it was like she was... superhuman? She didn't dwell on that, didn't let it get to, didn't let it... consume her.

Not like Tamaki.

Still, when he was with her... it all melted away. Anxiety was just a part of Tamaki. Utterly ingrained in his being, dictating how he dressed, spoke, acted, even how he ate and slept. For so long he lived, resigned to never knowing what it would be like to live without worry. But then he met [name].

It was euphoric. Time passed like sand between his fingers with her and the butterflies settled gently for the first time in years. This bizarre calmness nearly unsettled him sometimes-- it scared him in its own way.

But god, he thought, did it matter? This fear paled in comparison to how strongly he felt about her. He snuck another glance at her.

The sun was rising in the window, bright rays of light peaking through the curtains and brightening her face. Her eyelashes cast shadows down her cheeks, skin looking smooth in the soft glow of the morning. Her eyebrows scrunched and she turned in her sleep, faceplanting into Tamaki's chest.

It nearly felt forbidden to get to hold her. Something that made him so happy surely had to be against the cruel rules of life, right? But she was right here, in their bed, and in his arms. He ran his thumbs along her spine, breathing deeply into her hair.

He startled slightly when her shoulders shook with a chuckle and she leaned back a bit in his loose hold. Her eyes, so big and innocent looking, turned towards his face, all light up with grin on her cheeks. "Good morning Tamaki," she murmured sleepily, stretching forward to plant a quick, caste kiss on his lips.

He only hummed in response, shifting his arms around her to cup her face in his hands. Tamaki ran his fingers over her cheeks, savoring the softness of her skin. She practically radiated love and compassion. It felt like she was glowing. He resisted the urge to squint at her brightness.

"Good morning," he answered, dropping her arms back around her waist and burying his face into her shoulder. He peppered kisses along her collarbone, squeezing her tightly to him.

She laughed again into his chest, sending pleasant vibrations through his breast. His heart fluttered. "Still sleepy, baby?" [name] asked.

Tamaki wasn't really, but he hummed anyway. He wanted to hold her a little longer, keep her with him just a little longer. Just a little bit longer to feel like this, before he had to go back to the nerves and anxiety and all the rest of the crap.

Just a little bit longer to love her.

a/n: yes this is just basically writing abt my boyfriend shhh..... i don't even like this very much but anyway i hope youre all doing good i love u