special chapter - author's getting married!!!

Special Chapter Six;;-

It was frigid outside, the softly falling snow blanketing the yard and covering all the traces of the two humans that called this land their home.

Tamaki loved this weather-- and not just for the excuse that he got to cuddle [name] more and pretend that it was because it was cold. Well, mostly because of that, actually. He watched the powdery snow fall from the other side of the window with [name]'s back pressed firmly to his chest. The blanket covered them from the waist down, because any more tends to make [name] wake up sweaty and she always complained about that (though Tamaki didn't mind either, because whatever [name] wanted, he would gladly bend to).

She was awake too, he could tell even though he couldn't see her face. He could tell by the pattern of her breathing, the way she wiggled against him like she was trying to merge herself with him, the way she held onto his arm that she was laying on. Tamaki didn't mind. The quiet was nice, and he always loved getting to lay in the contentment of loving her.

Tomorrow, they would be married.

Truthfully, there would be no change from now, they both knew it. Their small, cozy one bedroom apartment was plenty of room for the two of them. It's not like once they get married, they'd immediately feel the need to upgrade to a big house and start popping out children or something. They had lived together for three years already, being married was an exciting change, but their life would continue the way it did.

Still, Tamaki liked to murmur little reminders to himself under his breath. He'd say [name]'s soon-to-be full name, delighting with the way that her name sounded with his last name. He'd make up scenarios where he'd be talking to people, telling them, "I've got to hurry home to my wife." Just getting to say the word made his heart burst with happiness.

As if she could sense the anticipation and excitement that was growing in his stomach, [name] shifted in the bed and turned to be able to look at him, resting one hand on his chest and the other loosely around his waist in a soft embrace. "Tomorrow, Tamaki," She said, unable to keep her own smile from growing on her face.

Tamaki picked up her hand from his chest and gently massaged her ring finger. Sometimes with anxiety, nervousness and excitement are practically the same emotion, and suddenly no words would form in his mouth. He didn't need them, really, it was like [name] could read his mind (face) without any words said at all.

Her grin got even wider at the gesture, and she leaned forward to kiss him softly. "I love you so much, you know that? It's a little insane." She laughed softly to herself. "A good insane."

"And I love you, too," Tamaki murmured back, letting go of her hand so that he could stroke her cheek.

"There's no one I would rather spend my life with." She looked up at him with an expression he didn't think was possible to put into words. He saw the entire world in her eyes, their whole future-- a lifetime of happiness and contentment and every synonym he could think of for it. He bit back happy tears from welling in his own eyes.

The idea of spending his entire life with another person-- he had heard older men complaining about their wives when he was younger, reading jokes about it online now, but he still never got it. Because the idea of spending his entire life with this woman, sharing every high and every low with her, loving her until the end of time?

All of that sounded like the best thing ever.

a/n: hiiii, yea the title is true! if you follow me (on quotev), i did post about it once so this might be old news to you, but yes!! i'm getting married!!

i have been so anxious about stuff lately with it coming up so fast (march 18th!!!!) that i decided i was gonna channel some of this into some writing and who better to write for than tamaki lmao

anyway! i hope people have been well, i hope ur living good n thriving ♥