ch. 23

Chapter Twenty Three;;- Introduction and a Truth

It had been about a week and a half since [name]'s emotional and kind of embarrassing confession. In the end, since everything had worked out well, they'd agreed to try their hand at whatever constituted as dating for shy people. It wasn't a shock to [name] that Tamaki wasn't a huge fan of big shows of PDA, but was surprisingly okay with the littler things.

As far as relationship-wise, nothing much changed. They continued riding the trains home together, except sometimes they held hands or [name] would lay her head on Tamaki's shoulder. All in all, it was smooth sailing.

[name] had already confessed to her friends at Fantasia what had happened. Tsuki was quick to break out the "I told you so," but she seemed genuinely happy for her. Shosuke honestly didn't care, but congratulated her anyway (despite neither of them thinking that "congratulations" is what you say in that situation).

Tamaki wasn't coming into Fat's today and [name]'s shift at Fantasia was ending early, so when Tamaki told Hadou and Mirio that he would be going straight to Fantasia after school, Mirio enthusiastically volunteered to go with ("It's been a while since I've seen her!" He said).

So that was what they were doing not much later, going into Fantasia without having changed out of their uniforms first. There wasn't a rule from Yuuei that you had to change out of the uniform first, so they were sure no one would mind. Plus, Tamaki liked to be on time and didn't want to be late to pick [name] up.

When they entered, [name] was standing at the front counter. She was still in her chef's jacket, which was unusual for her, especially when Tamaki was coming to pick her up. In her hands, she was twisting a washcloth almost nervously. In front of the counter, there was a girl. The stranger had long, dark hair pulled into a high ponytail and was wearing the same school uniform as the one that [name] wore. She chatted away excitedly, seemingly not noticing [name]'s increasingly concerned expression.

[name] let out a relieved sigh when she heard the door open. "Welcome to Fant--" Somehow, an even more relieved sigh when she met eyes with Tamaki and Mirio. "Ah, Tamaki. And you brought Togata-kun, too."

The girl in front of the counter turned around when she noticed that [name]'s attention wasn't on her anymore. "Who are these?" She asked, agitation evident in her voice. Her eyes wandered over them, pausing over their uniforms. "They go to Yuuei?"

"Yeah," [name] answered shortly, still wringing the cloth in her hands.

"Introduce me then, [surname]-chan!" The girl urged, rocking on her feet.

[name] looked like she literally did not want to do anything less, but one glance at the clock made her wince. "Sorry," she said, looking at Tamaki and Mirio, "I'm still on the clock for another five minutes." She put down the cloth and gestured to the girl. "This is Tanaka Ahiko[1], one of my classmates." Then, she gestured to the two still standing, confused, in front of the door. "And they're Amajiki Tamaki and Togata Mirio."

Tanaka grinned widely, twirling a loose piece of hair around her finger. "Man, it's so cool that you know people who go to Yuuei, [surname]-chan~"

"Mm, that's... exactly what you said last time you brought it up, Tanaka-san." [name] already looked exhausted from the conversation.

She giggled. "So, like, how'd you guys meet [surname]-chan?" Tanaka asked, looking up at Tamaki and Mirio through her eyelashes.

Tamaki stepped back and to the side a little bit, as if to hide himself behind Mirio. He met [name]'s eyes and she shrugged, not really sure what to say to help him out.

Mirio noticed Tamaki's growing discomfort and gave Tanaka a friendly smile. "Hm, I don't really remember the full story." He looked over to [name]. "Whenever you're off, [surname]-chan, we'll be waiting for you outside."

More than grateful for Mirio's swift exit strategy, Tamaki followed him out of the store. Tanaka looked between the door and [name], confused.

[name] sighed. "My shift is done, Tanaka-san. I'm going to go now." She turned around, towards the kitchen to go change. She caught Tanaka's eye for a moment, frowning when she noticed a weird look on Tanaka's face. She rushed her changing, leaving the store not even five minutes after Tamaki and Mirio had excused themselves.

When she came out, Tanaka was nowhere to be seen. [name] had almost expected her to try and pull something weird, but it looked like she had just left without any further words. It confused her, but who was [name] to argue? The less time spent around her, the better.

"Sorry about that," [name] said as she approached Tamaki and Mirio. "Tanaka-san apparently just found out where I work and wanted to 'check it out.' Which I think is just a way of saying she wanted to annoy me." She shrugged. "Hope she didn't bother you too much or anything."

Tamaki shook his head. "No, she just left not longer after we did," Mirio answered, also shaking his head.

[name] smiled. "That's good." The conversation paused for a moment. "It surprised me that you brought Togata-kun along, Tamaki."

"He asked to come..," Tamaki answered, shrugging weakly.

"Fine by me." [name] gestured to the road and they began to walk, Tamaki in the middle with [name] on one side and Mirio on his other. "Do you want to hang out or something, or did you just come along for the hell of it?" She directed the question to Mirio.

"Mostly just for the hell of it." Mirio laughed. "But I wouldn't be opposed to hanging out."

[name] took Tamaki's hand in her own, humming. "Hmm, do you have something in mind?"

Mirio made his own soft hum, leaning out slightly passed Tamaki so he could look at [name] as he thought. Instead, his thought process was interrupted when he noticed their hands linked. He raised an eyebrow, curious. "Am I allowed to ask?" He nudged Tamaki's side gently.

Tamaki's face flushed immediately, feeling [name]'s confused glance join Mirio's. "U-Um, w-well..," he struggled to stutter out something comprehensible.

"Wait, you mean he doesn't know?" [name] asked, the shock settling into her features for a moment before she laughed. "You didn't tell him.. like at all?"

Mirio whined. "Know whaat?" He dragged the 'a' out, playfully pretending to be upset.

"I confessed to Tamaki. Like a week and a half ago." [name] shrugged. "He really didn't say anything?"

"Nothing!" Mirio poked Tamaki's side again, smiling. Tamaki's face turned a darker shade of red. "Why didn't you tell me?"

Tamaki averted his eyes bashfully. "A-Are you.. mad?"

Mirio chuckled and slung an arm around Tamaki's neck. "Why'd I be mad? I'm happy for you."

[1]- Chapter Nine

a/n: i am NOT happy with this chapter :/ srry its garbage lol

there's a lil left to settle with tanaka so yeah, you'll see her again once. passed that, she's done for.