EPILOGUE

Chapter Twenty Nine;;- Epilogue

And so they did.

After graduation, Tamaki went through all the necessary processes to become a proper hero. He decided not to be a hero that was often in the spotlight. Well, it was less of a decision and more of something that just made sense. He avoided the media most days, but he wasn't quite what you'd call an underground hero. His little-known social standing had his hero rank much lower than several of his graduating class, but he was happy where he was.

For [name], she worked at Fantasia for a while. She took some time off to go to culinary school for about two years. When she came back and proved her worth to the owner, she was named head chef of Fantasia.

Their relationship continued strong for the years after their graduation. They moved in together when they were 19, when [name] was still in the middle of culinary school and didn't bring in much money, but Tamaki had been going strong as a hero and brought in enough that they didn't have to worry about bills.

When they were 22, they had been dating for just a little bit more than four years, since they had been nearly 18 when they started dating. She knew it was a little bit unorthodox, but if everything else in their relationship had been anything to go by, [name] knew it was up to her to make the big decision.

So she proposed to Tamaki. Knowing that doing it in public would only serve to make Tamaki flustered and embarrassed (although he was much better than he was in high school, he still wasn't too great with a lot of attention being on him), [name] planned a semi-romantic dinner at home and popped the question almost casually. It took a little bit to get an answer out of him, since he was still incredibly flustered, but it was a yes in the end.

They were married less than a year later, when they were 23. Their married life was almost exactly the same as it had been when they were dating. They moved later in the year, decided to no longer live in their one bedroom apartment and instead in a cozy, three bedroom house.

Not long after they moved, [name] announced that they were expecting a child. She quit working for Fantasia (with a teary goodbye from all the employees she had been with since high school) when she qualified for maternity leave.

They had a healthy little baby girl-- Amajiki Miu. She had her father's dark hair and her mother's [eye color] eyes. Miu was full of giggles and smiles. [name] decided to stay as a housewife for the time being, staying home to take care of Miu on days where Tamaki was busy.

When Miu was four, she got her quirk. A mixture of her parents-- the ability to manifest the warmth of whatever she ate. Miu was a smart, energetic child. [name] would often turn to Tamaki when she was playing with her friends and remark, "I have no idea how we made a child as social as that one," while laughing.

Right after Miu started school all day, [name] was approached by Tsuki. She told [name] that the owner of Fantasia was planning on selling it. [name] talked to Tamaki, and although finances are almost always tight with a child, they decided they were doing well enough for themselves to buy Fantasia.

[name] was happy running Fantasia, despite having a difficult time at first, and Tamaki was doing well as a hero, even though he had very few fans compared to some of the heroes around his rank. Life was smooth.

They were happy and they made it through. Together, just like [name] promised that night years ago, when they were nervous, confused 18 year olds standing almost in the middle of nowhere.

a/n: yo wtf it's over??? i'm gonna cry. i'm wiping away tears between sentences.

i loved writing this story so much. it was so much fun to write. i love tamaki's character and i loved being able to write him (and enjoy doing so). it means so much to me, seeing all the sweet comments and hearing how much that you guys also enjoyed it. i'm glad i mustered up the courage to post it.

thank you, from the very very bottom of my heart, from every single cell in my body, thank you so much for everything you as a reader have done. whether you have commented or even read it, i appreciate it so much. i wouldn't be where i was in this story without you.

so here's to our next adventure!