[Season 1] Part 6 - Uninvited Guest

MIA POV -

"MIA, your eyes are swollen, have you been crying last night?"

I looked up to see the Honda leader paying close attention to my face. I looked back into his eyes and saw the black eye bags under his eyes too. Maybe he was tired, and jet lag because he had just arrived from Austin - an assistant told me earlier.

I forced a smile. "I'm fine, sir."

He sighed. "Hmmm, all right, about this resignation request," he said, raising a letter to the air — which was actually my request. "You know, I can't accept it, Mia."

"I beg you sir, the problem is the loss, I will return the money later. I beg you sir, allow me to come out."

"It's not just Mia's money problem. But it's also a matter of trust. Our markets in some countries, especially Asia, really like you as a model. Because you have increased our sales by more than 70%, Mia. Especially because of rumors you are dating our main driver, Marc. We cannot release you and risk losing many consumers in Asia, "he said.

Hearing that name was called suddenly my heart became sick. I rubbed my face with both hands.

He continued. "You know? It's very difficult to find a replacement that can match Marc. And of course the market doesn't like that, especially if it happens suddenly. The losses we will bear are not only for now, but can be up to 3 or even 5 years into the future. . "

I just stopped listening. I never want my personal business to mix with work. But rumors about us dating can no longer be stopped. And actually I know all that, but I really can't stand Marc.

"If it's because of personal problems," he continued again, and I raised my face to look at him. "I can understand," he said. "But really Mia, it feels very inappropriate for a big artist like you to do something very unprofessional."

I cursed myself. He's right. I am not professional. Suddenly I felt weak all over my body.

"Look at me, Mia. I just arrived from Austin and immediately came here to persuade you," he said. I am still silent.

"Your contract is only a few months away right? Then, hold on for a little while Mia," he said attentively but remained firm.

My mouth is locked. This seems like a monologue. Because in reality I don't have words I can spend to answer them. My head was very dizzy and couldn't think clearly apart from hating Marc, and the path, and Marc again, and Marc again.

"After the contract ends ..." he cut his words and sighed at me. I wait patiently. "After the contract ends, I won't force you to extend it."

***

I let out a rough sigh and banged on the dashboard while driving. I lost again to Marc. And once again he wins over me! I didn't get out of Honda. And somehow I feel bad now. Actually it's more mixed up. But fuck everything! Now I just want to go home!

Finally I arrived at my apartment. When I will open the door to enter, suddenly I hear footsteps approaching me. I immediately turned and gasped.

"Mia,"

That's Vinales!

"Vin? What are you doing here?"

I told him to come in and sit in the living room. I only served orange juice for him because I didn't know what he liked. He wears a dark blue shirt and long jeans. He doesn't wear a hat or anything. Her hair was combed very neatly.

He sat on the 3rd sofa and I sat on the single sofa. I intentionally created a distance with him.

"Mia, I miss you," he said, starting the conversation softly. "Throughout the race I only thought about you."

"Stop Vin. I don't want to find a problem anymore," I replied, trying to relax.

"Looking for what problems?"

I just keep silent and he frowned then looked at me. "Did you approach me at that time because there was Marc there?"

I looked at him quickly. "What do you mean? You approached me first Vin. You used me to defeat Marc!"

I said the words I had been thinking about. The words Marc used to say.

"What?!" He gasped in surprise. He was really shocked and seemed to not understand what I was saying.

"Mia, I never thought that way. I approached you because I saw you always sad at Marc's paddock, and yes, because you look attractive ... from the past." he said. I see his eyes. Looks like he's honest.

I got confused now. Have I been wrongly accused so far? Then what about Marc? Am I wrongly accusing him?

"Then what about Rossi? He also laughed when you took the pole and beat Marc."

"I don't know about that Mia. But you know right? Rossi and Marc are true rivals. They will always be like that.

"Mia ... give me another chance," he said softly.

I was dumbfounded, Vinales asked for another chance. And I doubt myself. Should I give it? Whereas I ... did not give another chance to my own lover, Marc.

"Okay," I replied.

FIX. Maybe today I have become the most evil person in the world. I didn't know there maybe Marc was crying for me, or even not wanting to eat. But here I am giving an opportunity to another man. I'm really bad!

Vinales smiled broadly, he approached me. "Okay Mia, come with me."

I looked at him and he still have a big smile on his handsome face.

***

―TO BE CONTINUED

RELEASED EVERY FRIDAY