[Season 2] Part 1 - ALYA

All I needed was the love you gave
All I need for another day
And all I ever knew
Only you

Only You - Selena Gomez

MARC POV -

My skin is starting to get used to the air in Indonesia. At least I'll get used to it. For the next week I decided to go on holiday with Mia after celebrating the world championship victory party at Carvera yesterday.

Today is Tuesday. Mia and I visited Mia's special hospital for children with thalassemia in West Java, Indonesia. We just went together without any assistants or bodyguards accompanying us. We're going to visit Alya. Mia and I will donate blood for her.

The hospital is located in a hot area and far from the city. From Soekarno Hatta airport, we took Mia's car with a driver for about five hours to get to the hospital.

As soon as I arrived there, I saw the magnificent hospital building. There are three floors and the equipment is state-of-the-art. Some rooms are separated by colorful walls. Children running in the hospital corridor.

Half an hour after we donated blood, Mia and I headed to a room in Lavender Hall. There are many classically painted, beautiful butterfly pictures on the cream painted walls.

There was only one patient in such a big room. A girl about nine or ten years old was wearing a white t-shirt and half of her body was covered with a blanket. The child was busy in bed.

The patient's name was written beside his bed.

ALYA

The IV tube was still attached to Alya's left hand, while Alya's right hand was busy playing with colorful crayons on her drawing paper. Alya had to undergo another blood transfusion for the umpteenth time after her body started to recover.

I don't know much about Alya other than she's the child who gets Mia's blood regularly every three months. She is also Mia's adopted child and has been living in Mia's hospital.

Alya raised her face when Mia and I entered her room.

"Mia!" Her face brightened when she saw Mia.

Mia ran and hugged Alya's small body. Then she sat on the bed next to Alya.

Alya's face was pale. Her hair was sparse, but the way she looked at Mia, there was a light of joy in her eyes.

"I missed you, Mia."

"Me too, Alya," Mia replied, kissing Alya's head.

Alya turned her gaze to me. I gave my best smile, this was the first time we met. I moved closer to her.

"Hi Alya, nice to meet you," I said.

"Hi, nice to meet you too," she replied.

I turned to look at Mia. "He can speak English. Did you teach her?"

Mia just smiled faintly. She had done so much for this child.

I sat in a chair, next to Alya's bed.

Alya looked at me. Her eyelids were sunken, there were dark circles there.

"Who is this Mia?" she asked, still looking at me.

Mia smiled. "He is a MotoGP rider," she answered.

I was a little disappointed because she didn't answer that I was her boyfriend.

Alya's forehead frowned. "You ride a motorbike?" she asked me.

"Yes. Very fast motorbike," I answered with a smile.