[Season 1] Part 4 - Let Me Think 2

DANI POV -

[Now]

Austin - Honda Office - During the day ...

I tried to listen when the leader of Honda explained some of the things about the new motorbike to us. At the large oval table I sat beside Marc. But I noticed he seemed to be not as usual. Usually if there is a meeting like this Marc will always be excited, and listen, then in the middle he gets bored and asks me to chat. But I never saw him busy alone with his cellphone like now.

"Marc? Are you okay?" I asked.

Marc didn't bother me, then I nudged his arm. He blinked. "Ah, huh? What's up?"

"Are you okay? Can't your bitch wait?" I teased him.

"Bitch? This is not a bitch! This is Mia!" He answer.

"Ah? Mia? Have you made up?"

He sighed loudly, then put his cellphone into his pocket. "Actually ... I thought 2 days ago we had made up. We have returned because she did not refuse when I kissed again. But yesterday, she even returned to Indonesia without notifying me! And now, I cannot contact her," he explained. His face was very frustrating.

"Maybe she is still mad at you Marc. Understanding, women are sometimes difficult to understand," I said.

"Yes, that is true. But really, if he ignores me even longer, I will go crazy! You know? Now it feels like I want to get out of this room and run to the airport to go to Jakarta now!"

"You're crazy, Marc," I said flatly.

"I just want to meet her, Dan." He sighed. "I just want to talk to her," Marc said. His tone turned sad.

I looked around, thinking. Then I looked at Marc again, his eyes still looked sad. I really pity him. He loves Mia so much. But he is also insolent. He is a jerk. He has betrayed Mia. Not once or twice, but many times.

"I don't know I can help you or not, Marc. You hurt her," I said.

"I promise, Dan. I won't do it again," Marc said.

I looked straight into his eyes. He meant it.

***

―TO BE CONTINUED

RELEASED EVERY FRIDAY