Chapter 12: Love in the Big Apple

The next day, which was Competition at a theater in New York, the girls had just finished their group dance and were changing into their ALDC tracksuits for awards and Gianna was coming back from checking the scores for Abby and suddenly, everyone who was in the dressing room heard a scream coming from outside.

"That sounded like Gianna!" Abby shouted, knowing that the scream had come from her assistant choreographer.

"Let's see what's going on!" Andrew suggested as he, Abby, the moms and the girls all got up and exited the room to see what happened and they didn't walk far when they saw Gianna on the ground in pain.

"Gia!" Andrew gasped as he saw her holding her ankle and was in pain as a concerned look was on his face, not only was he concerned, Abby, the moms and the girls were concerned as well. "Are you OK?"

"I think i twisted my ankle...." Gianna hissed in pain.

"How bad is it, Miss Gia?" Paige asked.

"It hurts, but it doesn't hurt enough for me to go to the hospital, Paigey." Gianna replied to Paige.

"Do you want anyone of us to stay backstage with you during awards?" Holly asked.

"You all go on to awards, i'll stay and look after Gianna." Andrew suggested as he gently picked the assistant choreographer up and carried her back to the dressing room as Abby, the moms and the girls headed back to the main room where the stage is as Andrew was carrying Gianna back to the dressing room.

"He is so sweet for helping me out, i hope he tells me how he feels about me." Gianna thought to herself even though her ankle was hurting.

"Is it still hurting?" Andrew asked, pressing two fingers to her ankle.

"Yeah." Gianna admitted as she looked at Andrew gently rubbing her twisted ankle to try to make it feel better, then he got up and grabbed his first aid kit and in it was a bag of ice and placed it on her ankle and a few minutes later he wrapped her ankle with a bandage. "Thank you so much, Andrew. You are a wonderful person."

"You're welcome, i always bring a first aid kit in the event of someone on the team getting hurt." Andrew replied as he stared at Gianna, he stared at her beautiful face as she stared back at him with a smile, then he realized he had to tell her how he felt about her.

"G-Gia, i have been wanting to tell you something for a very long time, but i couldn't find the words until today." Andrew nervously told Gianna as he held her hands.

"W-what is it?" Gianna asked nervously, because when she saw how nervous he was, she could tell that something was on his mind whenever he was around her.

"Gianna Martello, we've known each other ever since we were little and i have wanted to get his off of my chest for years. Gia, i love you so much!" Andrew said, finally getting it off of his chest.

Gianna was shocked, but in the back of her mind, she had been waiting for that moment for 19 years because that's how long She and Andrew had known each other because they first met when she started taking classes at Abby's studio. They were both two at the time.

"I love you too, Andrew Miller. I always have ever since we first met and always will until the end of time."

Andrew and Gianna just stared at each other without blinking, then they began to move their heads closer and closer together as their hearts were beating fast, closed their eyes slowly as their lips met as they wrapped their arms around each other.

It was a magical moment for them and they did not want to let go as they kissed passionately. They were overwhelmed with love and nothing could ruin this moment and had wanted this moment for years.

Little did they know, Abby was watching them, she had waited for that moment to see Andrew and Gianna kiss as a tear fell from her eye.

"I knew this would happen." Abby said with a smile as she saw her son and Gianna kissing, ever since they were little and had crushes on each other, Abby always predicted they would fall in love when they got older, but both Gianna and Andrew denied it when someone said that they like each other, but now, they were officially together as the moms came up to see what the dance teacher was seeing.

"Oh my gosh! i knew it, i knew they would finally get together!" Melissa exclaimed quietly.

"I knew it too, those two were made for each other since they were younger." Holly agreed.

"Ah, young love." Kelly sighed, seeing the romantic moment as Andrew and Gianna broke the kiss and looked at each other lovingly.

"I love you so much, Gianna, i would go to the moon and write our names around a heart." Andrew said with a smile on his face.

"I love you too, Andrew and that is the most sweetest thing that someone has ever told me." Gianna replied. "How are we gonna tell Abby that we're together?"

Andrew looked at Abby standing there with the moms, watching the romantic scene with a smile on her face. "Gi, i think mom knows already."

"About time you two fell in love!" Abby playfully told them as they blushed as the moms smiled at them to. "I knew you two were made for each other the moment you two first met back in 1991 when you were both two years old."

"I was attracted to her because she is so beautiful and magical in every way." Andrew said.

"I knew he was a cutie at that time and now he's a hottie!" Gianna stated as Abby gave her assistant choreographer a hug.

"You be good to my son or i will haunt you! GOT IT?!" Abby warned her assistant after letting go of the hug.

"Yes Ma'am." Gianna meekly replied.

"Good." Abby smiled, then she walked over to her son and gave him a bone-crushing hug, then she let go.

"How did it go, where did the girls place?" Andrew asked.

"Paige got first for the third straight time and Chloe got second in the junior solo division. Mackenzie got first in the mini solo division and the group dance got first even though Kendall tripped." Jill explained as they walked in.

"That's three wins in a row." Andrew observed. "Hopefully the winning streak continues."

"I agree." Kelly added.

Then the girls all came in cheering with their awards as Abby, Andrew, Gianna and the moms all cheered too. Paige ran over and hugged Andrew first, then hugged Abby next as the other girls hugged their moms and then Abby cleared her throat to tell the girls something.

"Girls, i have to tell you something." Abby said. "You might have not heard this by now, but my son Andrew and Gianna are now a couple."

The girls had stunned looks on their faces at first, then they erupted into more cheers as they all hugged Andrew and Gianna.

"We're so happy for you!" Paige exclaimed.

"You two make a cute couple!" Chloe stated with a smile on her face.

"But boys are so icky icky icky icky!" Mackenzie said to Gianna, causing everyone to laugh in the dressing room from her comment about boys being icky.

"Mackenzie, when you get older, boys won't be as icky as you think. When i was your age, i used to think girls were icky and had cooties until i was 14." Andrew told her, admitting a fact about him that no one but Abby knew about.

"We didn't know that!" Nia said, with a surprised look on her face.

"That is an interesting fact." Melissa added as well.

Then everybody packed their things up so they could leave and while they're walking back to the bus that would take them back to the hotel, Gianna and Andrew were leading the way, walking hand in hand to show they were a couple, they got on the bus and through that ride, Gianna leaned her head on his shoulder as Andrew wrapped his arms around her and it was 2:00 PM.