Curiosity

"Over reacting? Bakit? Akala mo ba biro 'yung ginawa mong pagpapakamatay ng gabing 'yon? Paano kung wala ako? Paano ka na?"

"It's a long story, Shawn. You will not understand."

"I will, Serene. Try me."

I tore my eyes with his. Filling air in my lungs I gave him a quick glanced. "Don't spoil my excitement, Shawn. Quit your curiosity. And I'm sorry for asking the stupidest question. I've survived because my second life means I need to forget 'bout that."

"Fine." He shifted on the gear stick and stepped on the gas with a scowl on his face.

Oh, a frigging power of mystery. What did I do to myself? The silence between us stretched when we reach the beautiful view of North Gate. I saw the first finished building and remaining undone two. Gusto ko siyang tanungin, pero ang takot sa aking dibdib mula kanina ay nananatiling nakabara sa aking lalamunan. It's making me weak for the first time. All my life no one can make me feel like this. I am spoiled and high as this tower. And now with him, I am backing down.

In short, I didn't enjoy my visitation there. And thank God that he just disappeared for ten minutes then he came back as if nothing happened between us.

"Pupunta tayo ng Salon?" bungad niya sa akin.

I shooed all the weeds of curiosity, webs of distressing spider, and dust of negativity on my mind. I nodded attentively and shifted on my seat. He brought me in a fancy Salon, and I was relieved with this. I asked for a foot massage and nail art.

The gay that I bet the owner of the Salon is lurking with him. At first, I thought they knew each other because he is entertaining him than me. It was given a bunch of reason, plus the fact that Shawn goes along too. But he didn't leave my side, I took that chance to ask him before I sat on my throne.

"First-time ko rito, Serene," sagot niya.

"Puwede ko bang malaman ang name mo, Pogi?"

"Shawn," sagot niya. Lumapit sa salamin at tiningnan ang sarili roon. "Magpapagupit ako."

"What? Why? Sayang naman," korong komento ng bakla at ilang crew.

I looked away, feeling guilty of suggesting something that surely slapped my face, over boarding his private matters. Maybe he had a deep reason why he doesn't cut it, then I appeared from a shady crucial state and suggested him to cut his hair because of nothing.

"It's time to let go of the past," he expressed. He pulled the chair and sat there arrogantly. From the mirror, he looked at me intently.

I choke, flipped my still plain fingernails. What is he saying about? I flinched when the manicurist got something on my toenails.

"Malalim na po, Ma'am."

"Carry on." I looked back with Shawn and saw his eyes close.

What does he mean by letting go of the past? Does he have a painful affair than mine? I bet not, he is still alive while I almost attempted to take my life because of it. He had a normal affection, while I trusted the man I thought only existed in this world. I am very excited when I plotted to escape from my bodyguard. I will finally meet him after three months from Canada. I missed his kisses. His warm arms. His voice and sweet talks. Everything about him, that's why I sake everything just to see him. And then I will saw him fucking a random woman live?