11. Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

Yeah, I updated. VOTE VOTE AND COMMENT. TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK. IT MATTERS TO ME.

                As I ferociously toss the bowl of salad around, I also take this opportunity to observe Jace’s behavior. She is nervous, obviously, if her constant pacing and running her hands through her hair means anything. She’s also angry, if I take in account how her mouth sets in that thin line where her jaw sticks out. She’s also sad, if I consider how her eyes crinkle in at the edges. So the point in my observing all of this is that I’m trying to understand what to expect when Nicolette walks through this door for dinner.

                I’ve made an entire dinner that consists of lasagna, garlic bread, salad, and a white chocolate cake for this woman. Well, Jace insisted so I obliged. But still, why is she so conflicted with emotions if Nicolette is her supposed bestfriend? I don’t understand people sometimes. I think I’d be excited to see my bestfriend if I had one. I mean, Jace is my friend but she kind of bullies me into things so I’m not always excited to see her. But if I saw her once a month…I think I could get a little bit excited to see her face.

                “Um, do you think she’ll be hungry?” Jace turned over her shoulder, biting gently on her lower lip.

                Sighing, I said, “This is the same girl that finds your non-eating habits to be repulsive. I’m sure she’ll eat our entire apartment.”

                Jace gave a ghost of a smile and then turned back around, presuming her pacing.

                With a shake of my head, I whipped out my cellphone to find a text from Justin.

                So I am watching this super scary movie and there is no one to hold me. OH THE HORROR. :(

                Laughing, I texted back.

                Aw, you poor baby. Just imagine I’m there.

                Wow, that’s incredibly lame. Just hurry up with this dinner or like sneak out.

                And tell Jace what?

                ….Hm. Last time I checked, she wasn’t your mother. So why are you answering to Jace? Lol

                Justin…

                Come on, Kasey. I’ll kiss you where you like it.

                While blushing I cleared my throat, running a shaky hand through my hair. Jace is no longer pacing around and is now sitting down on the couch scrolling through her phone, thank God.

                Okay but that’s literally only two places.

                I have about twenty more places I can kiss you if you’d let me ;)

                T-twenty? Holy crud! I shook my sweaty hands out and tossed my salad more ferociously with my free hand.

                No way.

                Yeah way.

                Prove it.

                …Kasey…. I don’t believe you’re ready.