4. Sheer Lace

Sorry this took so long. I had so much college work and then this chapter was so long for some reason. Idk lol LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK THOUGH. AND VOTE. VOTE VOTE. 

                With a smile, I placed the last cookie on top of the pile of my already made cookies. My arrangement looks like the Eiffel tower of cookies and I am so very proud. It’s a lovely morning with a lot of sun streaming in through the blinds and not one gray cloud in the way. I have a good feeling about today.

                At the sound of a door opening and slamming closed, Jace emerged from her bedroom, all dressed and ready for the day. “Let’s go shopping, newbie.” She leaned up against the kitchen counter and I sighed.

                “Newbie?”

                “Yeah, you’re new to the apartment complex so you’re a newbie.” She reached in for a cookie and I slapped her hand. “Ow! Give me a cookie!” She pouted.

                “No, these are for Justin.”

                Jace’s entire face changed from playfully hurt to shockingly enraged. “For Justin? Did I hear you correctly?”

                “Yeah, you heard me correctly.” I turned the top cookie a bit so that it is even with all the other cookies.

                “Kasey…I know Justin is probably the first decently attractive male you’ve probably laid eyes on in person, but it doesn’t mean you have to bake for him. You only bake for guys that you’re married too or if he gives you good head.”

                “What?” I frowned. 

                “Forget it.” She waved her hand in the air, dismissing the matter entirely. “Just, don’t bake for him, it implies the wrong things. So, shopping or no?”

                “I guess. I do kind of need more business outfits.”

                “No.” Jace shook her head. “No, ma’am. We are shopping for club and party clothing so that when we go out we look cute.”

                “But…I don’t go out, Jace.” I snorted. Everyone knows I work and come home to watch things on TV. That’s life for me and I’m happy with it.

                “Well you will be going out now that you live with me. So get your hiney dressed and ready to go.” Jace motioned for me to go to my bedroom and I looked down at my beautifully arrayed cookies. “Forget the cookies!”

                “Jace!” I whined. It took hard work to make these!

                “Go get dressed!” she ordered, slapping my bottom. I shrieked and slowly headed for my bedroom just as the front door opened.

                 “Good morning, ladies.” Justin smiled upon his arrival, dressed and hair perfectly styled. I smiled. His happiness is contagious.

                “Good morning, Justin.” I leaned up against the counter and Jace rolled her eyes at me.

                “Ah, glad someone shares my enthusiasm.” Justin pointed at me and winked. I giggled. “So…” He leaned up against the couch. “What are you two ladies up to today?”

                Jace threw him a dark look. “Kasey and I are going shopping.  I don’t know what you’re doing today.”

                Nodding, Justin ran a hand through his hair. “Cool, I’m coming with.”