Chapter 38- The Gazebo Party part 1

Hey guys! I literally took a whole month to bring this chapter to a place I was comfortable posting. This is one of the very first chapters I drafted when I started writing this fic last year so I hope it falls in line.

I'm especially proud to share this so please give votes! At this point, I have no idea who is still reading so if you can please comment and let me know that would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently working on three other larry fics that I refuse to post until I can successfully update once a week and not have you waiting as long as this one.

{PS- I'm using the present tense in certain sections because I've never used it before and wanna try my hand. It seems easy but it's very strange to me so Please comment and tell me how I did! Also, this chapter has other characters' perspectives, not just Louis and Harry.}

Aesthetic- Earthquakey People, Steve Aoki

"We can't tell her today!" Harry came skating down the back stairs in his apron with a lilac tablecloth in hand.

Louis was holding a crying Ernie who ran over to him while he and Niall were positioning the tables in the side yard for the party. A boulder dropped in his belly on hearing the words come out of his boyfriend's mouth.

"We already agreed-" he said through the screaming and coughing in his ear. It was after three and he had already made a few trips with the SUV; to the lake for an early morning dip with all the boys, to the grocery store with Anne to get a few final things to cook, and to get Ernie and Dory some cough medicine.

Ernie started screaming even louder as he spotted his father coming up to them with the medicine and a spoon in hand. The boy's had to hold all thought as Louis tried to calm his brother for Dan to get the liquid past his tongue. But all ended up on his bib and on Louis' shirt as the child ducked the attempts. A frustrated Dan grabbed him away, mumbling nonsense words.

"Gemma has this news about the jump and if we add to it, it'll be a disaster!" Harry muttered as the man paraded away with the child.

Louis pressed his hands through his own hair and hooked them behind his strained neck. The jump...of course. He should have seen this coming. Should have known Harry would use this as an excuse not to follow through with their plan.

"Harry, what Gemma is doing has nothing to do with our relationship. We can't tell her about us just because your sister wants to jump over an obstacle course!" Louis stressed.

Niall, who was placing two dozen homemade paper lanterns on a table to decorate the yard with, nodded in agreement. The four other boys were a small distance away setting the punch bowl and trays of appetizers on the self-serve table, while Murrey and Cord were busy sticking rods in the ground to attach the lanterns.

Harry leaned forward and slapped the back of his right hand on his left palm. "Louis, for that exact reason, this is the worst time to tell her!" he said, imagining his mother's smile fade on Louis' announcement.

Niall disagreed. "I think it's the perfect time to tell her. No use dragging it out. Let her see how happy you are together. She's your mum, Harry. She's not going to stop loving you just because you're in love with Louis."

"That's what I've been trying to tell him this whole time!" Louis added in a low voice as Liam's uncle Jessie and Robin passed by with a stack of chairs.

"Niall, why are you taking his side!?" Harry said with force. Louis and Niall exchanged knowing laughs and Louis touched Harry's arm and looked implored, "Harry, take a look around. Look at your mother. She's ecstatic. It's going to be fine, I promise."

"Well, I'm here for all of you," Niall attached a lantern to a long rod and stuck it in the earth. "I already told my parents I'm going to spend every last minute of the summer with my friends. I have a lot of time to make up for!"