Chapter 26- The Concert

Louis grabbed his jacket from where Harry left it on the seat and ran round the truck, retrieving the guitar from the tray. He didn't mind getting soaked for Harry at all. He didn't want him to  get sick( thus the offered jacket )but even though he made a point of running away and not wanting anything to do with Louis, right after falling apart in his arms, Louis was relieved he didn't stay back to take his guitar because he really strapped it down good. Nobody anticipated the rain this evening as people were scurrying into the community center without umbrellas or even coats.

He slung the strap of the guitar case over his shoulder and ran to the building, pushing open the reflex doors.

He quickly spotted Fizzie and Lottie having a chipper conversation with Trey Cowell. He noted how happy Lottie looked as she blushed around the soft-tempered boy, wondering if his own feelings for Harry were as evident to others. He saw Niall laughing with Shawna on his left, and Anne and the twins to his farther left but, looking around, he had no luck spotting Harry. He made his way over to Fizzie to let her know they arrived, still looking around for the curly haired boy.

Fizzie finished up measuring a couple of kids head sizes for hats and turned to Louis with a frown. She took out her handkerchief and started rubbing him down from his face to his arms. He did not protest as he was thoroughly drenched.

"Can you believe the concert is Saturday, and we're leaving on Monday? Feels like we just got here!" she conversed as she handed him the wet cloth.

"I know. I miss Ernie and Dorie but a part of me doesn't want to leave," ...Harry. A part of me doesn't want to leave Harry.

"Have you talked to Dad yet?" Fizzie asked for the ninth hundred and ninety-nine time since their father left them in Champton Valley. She had just shoved her phone in her back pocket and Louis knew she had just finished a conversation with him.

He sighed up in the air. "I've kinda been avoiding his calls. I just texted him and said he needed to give me time. I seriously had to mute him."

"Yeah, well he just called a while ago. He's fuming. He said he no longer knows if he's waiting to talk to his son or if he's on a waiting list for a heart transplant. You need to call him." she urged, before sauntering off.

Louis rolled his eyes. The last thing he needed now was his Dad screaming at him the million reasons why he needs to leave England with the girls. He still wasn't ready to hear that. Being with Harry changed the whole game for him and he was beginning to think he didn't even want to leave Champton anymore. Not when he needed him.

Just as he was about to go find Harry, Lottie, flanked by a beaming Trey, poked him in the side. Louis plastered on a smile as the two of them giggled awkwardly, looking at him nervously.

"You have something to say, Lottie?" he asked, taking in her ponytail and bold yellow cashmere sweater. She sure likes a lot of yellow.

"Uh," she laughed, looking at Trey. "Trey invited me to a party on Saturday. Dad said I can't go anywhere without Fizzie, and she said she'd only go if you said yes."

Trey added, "You're welcome to come as well, by the way. It's right after the fundraising concert, back at our house?"

A confused crease lined Louis' forehead. "Excuse me, why does this feel like you're asking permission?"

"Because we are -I-am-asking..." Lottie answered, a begging puppy face on. Must be the one she uses on Dad... A huge grin spread on Louis' face as he shook his head in amusement. Great. I'm ignoring Dad on one hand and becoming him on the other. What is my life.