Chapter 14- The Last Blast

Summary- This chapter wraps up Louis old life before he goes for vacation in the countryside. 

A/N: R.I.P Olive, Louis Tomlinson's Nana. Sending all my support to Louis💝🎈

ps-  This chapter was written weeks before the fandom heard the news(2018), and the character of his Mother's aunt (who is known as Grandma) is an original one not based on a real life person.

 Also congratulations to Louis on his Teen Choice Award, Choice Male Artist 2018!  I'm so proud! Louis buzzin! #ProudOfLouis💙

                                                                         **
Louis' pov 

Twisting around under the covers, woken by the familiar beats of his favorite song, Louis felt around for his cellphone with one stretchy arm as he rubbed his eyes with his other hand. He hit something hard with his toes and groaned sitting up to push away the covers and grab the culprit,his phone, to check the time.

It was almost twelve o'clock! Dashing out of bed too fast, he fell to the floor and grunted. Apparently someone (It had to be Ernie) had changed his alarm time. He marveled at how a two year old can mess with his phone that precisely. 

The previous day's events slowly creeping up on him, he noticed a strange new feeling had lodged itself in his chest together with his pain. Determination. His mind was pretty much made up. He wanted to fulfill his mother's plans.

Uncapping his toothpaste, Louis brushed his teeth going over the conversations he had with Harry and Anne. He finally understood where she was coming from. Her need to make up or compensate for all the time she lost with her friend, taking her for granted; because he felt the exact same way. He too had a need to make things right even though his mother won't be around to see. He knew it was what she'd want.

That afternoon, after his dad stepped out to have a cigar on the porch, and Dan was out running errands, Louis brought up the subject to his sisters and Grandma in the living room. He told them about his desire to go to Champton as their mother had planned and experience whatever the town had to offer.

Sixteen year old Fizzie readily agreed, as he had expected, and the twins went on about hearing Harry's guitar again- which made Louis blush heavily.

Grandma nodded from her arm chair. "Excellent choice, Louis. Like I said, you and the girls can spend a couple of weeks on the farm."

Fifteen year old Lottie screwed her face and whined. "I don't wanna go! I can't smell those dirty animals! Let's not go there, Louis!"

"Look, it can't be that bad, Lottie. You don't even have to go near the animals if you don't want to. Please, let's just go and see." Louis pleaded.

The old woman sharply sighed, and demanded that they all sit down. She eyed Lottie; disappointed, by the looks of it, Louis thought. Frightened, Lottie sank behind Louis and moved with him to the couch. The others followed. Louis never seen his Grandma so unnerved before. She took off her spectacles and wiped them in her dress, eyes looking tired.

She eyes trailed off as though reliving some distant memory she hadn't visited in a while. Louis' sisters looked at him bewildered and he shrugged. 

Then she spoke to them.

"Children," she started with a dramatic pause. "Although it would've been of zero consequence had it been so. . , Anne doesn't want you all to come stay at just any random ranch in the middle of nowhere. That dirty farm" - her eyeballs flaring on Lottie - "is your mother's childhood home!"