Chapter 17- Scotch in the Meadows.

[A/N: How are all of you? I'm so sorry I took so long to update! I got carried away writing as you will see from my extended chapter lengths. There is a lot i needed included in this story so I hope  it still moves along at a reasonable pace. I hate to feel like its dragging with my ideas. I also waited a bit to post until I had more than one chapter to share with you lovely patient people. 

Also I have a soundtrack for this story. Certain songs I loved listening to growing up that  fed my mood in writing this story. I will be adding the accordingly throughout the story (not in this chapter though) i actually added Yes there are a couple of 1D songs included.

Please comment on this chapter because I'm wondering about it!] 

PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL IN THE COMMENTS. THIS IS A FANFICTION NOT A NOVEL AND REMEMBER YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY TO READ THIS.

"No I didn't order too much! I wanted this exact amount!" Anne explained to Harry as he stood arms folded looking at a pile of new unused board left over from the recent repairs on the house. She insisted she knew there would be excess but she kept them in suspense until now.

Murrey and his father, John, who got time off from the store to come help his son,  stood boot-and-glove clad waiting to hear what she proposed they do with it.

"Well, Louis," she said, looking at the boy dressed in a white t- shirt and dark blue jeans standing next to Harry, "When your mum and I were children, we had the neatest little tree house up there." She pointed at a huge tree to their left which was giving little shade to them from its distance. A bright, sunny morning- Louis was able to notice there was a dilapidated remnant of a tree house in it.

"Well, your mother mentioned it in her e-mails and I thought, well, what the heck! Let's build a new one! Today!" she added to John and Murrey.

Phoebe and Daisy leaped and screamed out. Louis reached and covered Harry's ears playfully from the noises. Harry smiled and clutched Louis' fingers, and Louis' hand ended up dropping over his shoulder.

"Now, look here, Anne . . . There are a few things we need to do before we jump right into building a tree house!"

Anne looked at John, puzzled.

"First thing's first, we have to inspect the bark! That tree is no doubt hundreds of years old! We don't want any accidents."

Louis' arm stiffened at that last word. From the corner of his eye he saw Harry turn to watch him and was sure he felt the tension on his shoulder. He dragged his hand off as Anne continued.

"Whatever it takes. Do what you have to do! I'll check in with you when we get back!"

She took the twins' hands and lead everyone to the round riding pen where the horses strutted around lazily in the sun. Cord, Ivory Stetson sitting religiously on his head, was busy fixing the saddle on one of them.

Louis and Harry walking, feet briskly stepping in time with each other; And Harry suddenly stopped, looking at him with crystal ball eyes.

"Are you . .?" he started, skin looking melt-y in the mid-morning heat, red lips slightly open, leaving just enough space for Louis to dream of sticking his tongue- He felt himself sway forward a fraction of a quarter-inch involuntarily to the purpose.

"Yeah." Louis answered quickly. The last thing he wanted was to talk about his sensitivity toward anything that reminded him of his mother's death. "Didn't you say you were going to Niall's today?" he then asked, swaying to come upright again.

"Yeah. We cancelled. He said he'd come out to the ranch tomorrow for sure." Harry answered in a matter-of-fact jitter as they started walking again, watching where he was going.