Chapter 5-She Made Him Strong

A/N:  Hey guys! Warning! - contains grief  and triggers. A lot! I apologize upfront for any discomfort. Please bare with me. These chapters are essential to the entire plot.

Day of the Game - Louis' POV

On his way to the hospital, the only person who went in the ambulance with Louis was Stan. He stayed with Louis while he got stitches and waited with him for either his mum or Dan or both to arrive at the hospital.

Stan lived a couple of houses down the block from Louis and went everywhere with him. Out of all his friends,Louis knew Stan the longest. When his parents split and he had a hard time saying goodbye to Fizzie and Lottie, Stan was there for him like a brother and filled that gap somewhat making it easier. They'd roller skate and whatever else best friends did, except for football. Stan was no good at footie and it's not like Louis didn't try to teach him, he just didn't have the knack for it.

Stan was a more gentler soul and he preferred the craft of making soaps and scented candles rather than kicking his way through a field. At the moment Louis didn't blame him. Look at what he's missing out on, He thought sarcastically, looking down at his newly stitched leg.

Mom was right, Louis thought, I'm never playing again now for sure.

What's taking them so long anyway!

"I called your mum and no answer- and Dan must've seen what happened. I mean he must've thought to drop the girls off at his sister's before coming here." Stan piped, reassurance in his tone.

"Mum probably couldn't get off work. She couldn't have been at the game or I would've seen her! Call again!"

It's been almost two hours since they arrived at the hospital and Louis really needed to get out of his sweaty, dirt and blood covered uniform.

"But I did -" Stan started but got cut off by Louis.

"-Let me try!" Louis grabbed the phone impatiently from his friend's grip and dialed his mom. No answer. 

"What happened out there, anyway?" Stan asked, concerned. "You said you were ready for the game! You were off your game."

bzzzzz   bzzzzz!

Just then, Stan's cell vibrated. 

"-Yep! Yeah where are you? Yeah he's okay. . .Okay I'm coming to meet you!"

Louis looked at Stan curiously.

"It's Calvin. He's here, he got lost. I'll go get him," Stan answered quickly before disappearing. 

As he waited for his friends Louis' mind flashed back to the bleacher boy.

Running his hand through his hair and looking away, he saw the face in his head. He wanted to see that face again up close.

He came out of his thoughts as the short chubby boy strolled back in with a taller,slimmer boy with strawberry blond hair. 

Calvin sat next to Louis and explained that he would've come sooner if had not been for a long line of traffic. "There's this massive wreck! Like, three cars wrapped up like paper!"

"Well they must've let the ambulance through because we didn't have a problem getting here." Stan said decisively.

"Wow!Louis it was that bad!?" Calvin exclaimed, looking at Louis' knee,"Those guys wiped the floor with you! And at the last minute!"

"I was . . ." Louis blew hard, frustrated at himself for getting so distracted.

"There was this guy on the visitor side of the bleachers. . .I don't know- I just. . .got caught up."