Chapter 6- A Little Help From Friends

A/N:- Warning: More grief triggers! I apologize profusely. Last time, I promise!

The drive back home from the cemetery was quiet, except for sobs coming from the girls who were all huddled up together in the back seat. Fizzie stroked the twins hair and Lottie rested her head on Fizzie's shoulder, eyes closed but tears falling still.

Louis was angry at himself for letting the whole service and burial finish without shedding a tear. He had no problem crying alone in his room while Stan, Calvin, Zayn, and Liam hung around on the stairs like bodyguards waiting patiently for him to finish. What's the problem today? 

His mind flashed back to the service- The girls could not hold back anymore as they entered the church; Dan held on to Dory like his life depended on it; a strangely familiar lady rocked Daisy while she screamed out for her mother; everyone around him bawled when they saw the casket and he had to pick Phoebe up in his arms when her knees gave out, but Louis himself remained calm the whole time- numb more like.

Sighing, he looked over from the passenger's side to Dan; whose red, swollen eyes were focused on the road. Everyone was having normal human reactions to the loss of his mom. What's wrong with me? I let my mum go without showing her how much I miss her.

He hated the cold sickening feeling in his chest, digging away at his soul and leaving emptiness. He knew his siblings felt their own version of it too and that hurt him more than anything. He wanted it gone. I want my mum back! 

Thumb da dm! Thumb da dm!

Suddenly overwhelmed,Louis' heart started beating times ten and he felt like the air ways to his lungs had closed in.

 Louis suddenly needed to vomit! "Stop the car! I need to throw up!"

Before Dan could mash the breaks Louis threw up on the dashboard. He didn't know what the hell just came out of his stomach because he hadn't had breakfast that morning.

 As soon as the car came to a stop he threw the door open and started running back down the street- back to the cemetery. . .

"Louis! Stop!" he heard a voice call to him. "LOUIIISS!"

Louis saw that the line of cars at the back of Dan's had stopped as well, but kept running past them. He recognized the voice calling him to be Stan's and deducted that he came out of one of those cars and was now chasing him. But Louis didn't care; he just had to get to his mother, the only one who knew how to take away the sadness that was overtaking him. He had to apologize.

He felt part of his stitches rip open as he sped away but he kept on running, the sun bursting down on him unforgiving, blood and sweat mingling in his suit. But It didn't hurt as bad as the feeling in his chest.Feelings of guilt riddled him as he blamed himself for what happened.

A few blocks down the road, he started panting and stopped to catch his breath. He now heard multiple feet running, getting louder as they got nearer, and eventually they caught up to Louis. 

Looking around he saw all of the boys at the back of him panting- hands on their hips and bending over breathless. Bodyguards on the job, he thought. He should have known they would come out of nowhere.

Stan was the last to catch up, and watching him fight to steady his breath, Louis and the others couldn't help but laugh at Stan.

"You know, I think you should have done track and field, Stan!" Louis joked.