Chapter 38-Edited

CChapter 38

Elizabeth's POV

"Let me take control! I need to show this man who he is dealing with! Who does he think he is?" Alex growls at me. I try to calm her down, but I don't think it's really working.

"I want to listen to what he has to say though. I want to know why he wants to kill me. Plus, I think Ryder should finally know the truth about his uncle; it will give him closure," I reply, hoping she'll understand my reasoning. Alex grumbles something under her breath which I ignore.

I really do want to hear what Patrick has to say. I just want to know why he's done all that he's done.

Throughout his story, I can't help but feel a little sympathy for him. He had a pretty rough childhood. I'm not saying that makes up for anything he's done, but still, I can sort of understand why he's so crazy.

He starts pulling on my hair which causes me to wince. I catch Ryder's eyes and I see how nervous he is. I try to mindlink him, but then I realize that I can't. I also can't feel Annabel. Patrick must have that plant thing with him that cuts off our connections with our wolf.

It's times like this when I'm thankful that I'm part vampire. If I wasn't, I would have no way to defend myself, but I'm not worried since I have Alex. I can't let him know that though so I pretend to be scared and nervous.

After a while I hear him ask me if I have anything left to say. I keep quiet and continue my act.

As soon as I see his arm swing towards me, Alex takes control.

She knees Patrick where the sun doesn't shine, which causes him to let go of me and fall to the ground in pain. He makes a hissing noise before he tries to reach out and grab me. Thankfully, Alex is a lot faster than he is and she easily moves out of his way. He still has the knife in his hand and his eyes are honestly freaking me out. He looks so insane and crazy.

He glares at me for a second before he just starts swinging the dagger around. Alex dodges his attacks before she decides to stop playing around. It's actually pretty cool being able to watch what she's doing and it's crazy to think that I've had all this power since the day I was born.

She holds my hand out towards Patrick before making a fist. Patrick body stops and his eyes widen before he starts gasping for air. I frown slightly and I wonder what Alex is doing to him.

She squeezes my fist tighter and Patrick gasps and his body starts floating off the ground. He seems to have no control over his body as he watches me with wide eyes. His hands are at his sides, and he's standing up straight, but I can see him struggling against whatever Alex is doing.

"Alex, what are you doing to him?" I question as I watch Patrick grimace. His face shows nothing but pain and I feel kind of bad.

"Don't feel bad for him, he deserves this!"

"What are you doing though?" She doesn't answer me for a while and I start to worry. Is she going to kill him?

"I'm controlling him by using the water in his body," she finally answers like it's no big deal. I gasp quietly and watch as Alex makes him lose his grip on the dagger. The dagger falls to the ground which makes some of Ryder's men snap out of their daze and start walking towards Patrick. I look through my eyes and see the shocked and scared looks on everyone's face.

Some more of Ryder's men move forward and surround Patrick. Alex drops him onto the ground before giving me control again. Ryder's men grab Patrick and I turn around.

I quickly run over to Ryder and jump into his arms. I let out a relieved sigh when he wraps his strong arms around me. I snuggle into his chest and he squeezes me lightly before gently pushing me back.