Chapter 11-Edited

Chapter 11

Elizabeth's POV

I've never been so happy in my entire life. I finally have a mate who cares about me, and treats me like mates should treat each other.

I'm so thankful that I've been blessed with this second chance and the fact that my brother and I can start a new life together in a better pack. I don't know what I would have done if my brother had said that he wanted to stay here. He's always been there for me and I would have felt lost without him. Also, now he has a better chance at finding his mate. It's been 4 years since he turned 18, and we know that his mate is not in this pack.

Hopefully, she will be in our new pack.

We talked to Jake for a few more minutes before deciding to walk around the territory, and get to know each other some more. We talk about a lot of things, but neither one of us brings up our past. Whenever we talked about something that was a little too personal, we would change the topic. I guess his past was as bad, or even worse than mine.

Around 6 in the afternoon, we realized that we needed to start packing our things since we would be leaving soon. We pass by the pack house, and it smells terrible. I guess since I haven't been there people haven't cleaned up at all. Usually I'm doing all the work, so they probably don't know how to clean things properly.

That sucks for them.

They're going to have to figure it out on their own. We're about to walk by, but then Chelsea blocks our path. Oh, boy.

"What do you want?" Ryder growls while glaring at her. She winces before putting on a fake smile.

"Look," she says while pulling down her shirt and flipping her hair, "I don't know what spell, fattie over there put on you, bu-"

"What did you just call my mate?" Ryder asks in a voice that's way too calm. His grip on my hand has gotten a lot tighter, and I'm starting to lose feeling in it. He starts taking a few deep breaths to calm himself, but I can see that it's not really working because his eyes are also changing from blue to black. Hopefully Chelsea will keep her mouth shut because it looks like Ryder is about to kill her. Obviously Chelsea isn't smart because she repeats what she said.

"I called her fattie, I mean look at her thighs th-" that's the last thing she says before Ryder shifts and attacks her. Chelsea tries to shift too and fight back, but it's too late. I let out a scream and start yelling things at Ryder, hoping to calm him down. I don't really know how to fight so it's not like I can step in and stop him.

Brian and Emily run out of the guest cabin, and Brian shifts into his wolf before he tries to get Ryder away from Chelsea.

Emily rushes over to me and asks me what happens. After I give her a quick run through, her face turns into one of panic.

I look over, and it looks like Ryder is going to attack Brian.

"Kaydon has taken over, and he is not happy. Give me control, I will try to calm him down," Annabel's calm voice breaks me out of my panic and I'm once again thankful to have her as my wolf.

"I hope this works. Just be careful, alright?"

I quickly shift before giving Annabel control. We walk over to Ryder before nudging his side. He stops growling, and he turns so he can fully face us. Brian shifts back before he tells Chelsea to shift back too. Because of the advances in technology in the wolf world, scientists have made special underwear that stay on when we shift. I don't really understand the science behind it, but the clothes go under our fur when we are in wolf form and then they are back on when we shift back.

Annabel nudges Kaydon again before she starts walking off. Kaydon growls a little before he quickly catches up with us. I immediately know that she is taking him to the clearing, and I'm glad she was able to think of something quickly. Moving away from people is the best option for right now.

Once we get there, Belle stops and sits down. Kaydon circles us for a little bit before he snuggles us into his side.

Looking at him, I see how beautiful my mate is in wolf form. His wolf is huge, easily the biggest wolf I have seen, and his fur is a light brown, almost a red color.

After a little while, we shift back into our human forms. I glance at him and let out a sigh of relief when I see that he's back in control. He quickly wraps his arm around me before pulling me onto his lap. I blush a little before I snuggle into his chest.

"Are you ok?" Ryder asks after a few moments of silence. I nod my head, I'm used to people calling me way worse things, so that didn't really bug me. I don't think I should tell Ryder that though.

"I'm fine," I say honestly. "Are you ok? I've never seen anyone look so mad before in my life." That's saying a lot because I have seen plenty of people get mad at me over the years.

"Did I scare you?"

"No, I was just worried about everyone's safety. You almost attacked Brian."

"I already apologized, and he understands completely. A pissed off Alpha is not someone you want to deal with."

"You didn't have to attack her I-"

"You are my mate! It is my job to protect you from everything! I will not stand by and watch someone abuse my mate!" His jaw starts clenching , and his arms tighten around me so I quickly start running my hands up and down his chest to calm him down. He calms down almost immediately and I can hear Kaydon and Annabel purring.

"Thank you for protecting me." He nods his head and kisses my forehead.

"I'll always protect you, princess. You mean everything to me. I have waited for you since I was a little boy. I'm so glad that I finally found you. You complete me and I would do anything for you." My heart warms at the look on his face. His eyes are full of warmth and love for me. I give him a shy smile as he tucks a strand of hair out of my face and behind my ear.

We start leaning in, and I can feel my heartbeat speed up. This will be my first kiss ever, and it will be my first kiss with Ryder. What if he thinks I'm a bad kisser? Oh my gosh, what do I do?

"Calm down, love. There's no reason to be nervous." I take a shaky breath in and I nod my head slightly. Our lips are about 2 centimeters away from each other. This is it, I'm about to have my first kiss. Just a little closer.

We're about to kiss when suddenly, Emily comes running towards us.

"There you guys are! We've been looking for y- did I just interrupt something?" she says with a smug smile. I can't believe this is happening to me. Oh my gosh, why me? I'm sure my face is redder than a tomato and my heart is beating way too fast.

"Sorry, I didn't realize that you guys were about to do the dirty. I'll come back at a later time." she says before running off.

I look at Ryder, and he looks highly amused.

"Shut up," I mumble while looking at the ground. He just chuckles before he stands up with me in his arms.

"It's getting late, we should head back now so we can pack."

Today has been an eventful day. Jake agreed to join the blood falls pack, Chelsea almost died, and I almost had my first kiss. I feel absolutely drained.

*

*

*

When we get back to the cabin, we walk in and everyone turns to stare at us. Emily smirks in our direction before she walks off, probably to find Brian. I shift awkwardly as people keep staring at us. Most of them have knowing smiles on their faces, so Emily must have told them how she found Ryder and I. Great.

Ryder just shakes his head before pulling me up to our room to pack.

I can't wait to leave.