Chapter 12-Edited

Chapter 12

Chelsea's POV

This week has been terrible for me. On Monday, my parents said that since I'm 21 now, I need to start looking for my mate. Why would I want to look for my mate when I already know who it is? I already rejected him because I don't want to be tied down to him.

My mate is our pack doctor. Why would I mate with him when I know I'm supposed to be mated to an Alpha? John, my mate, has done everything to try and get me to accept him, but it obviously hasn't worked. Now, I need to find an excuse to tell my parents about why I haven't started looking for my mate. Also, they think that I need to stop sleeping around. Why would I want to do that when it's the only thing that makes me forget?

It's not my fault that I was stripped of my innocence when I was younger. What makes it worse is that it was someone I trusted. Someone everyone trusted. It was John's dad. Our families used to be close until that happened. No one knows of what happened, and I don't plan on telling anyone. I stopped going to our family dinners, making up random excuses as to why I couldn't go to them.

After that happened, I also stopped wanting to have a mate. When I found out that John is my mate, things just got even worse. I wanted to forget. I can't do that if I'm with my mate. He looks basically just like his father, and every time I see him, I see his father. It's one of the reasons that we can't be together.

No one knows that this happened because I've been too ashamed to say anything. Plus, it would ruin John's family. John would hate his dad, and Susan, John's mom, would hate her mate. I couldn't do that to them.

I'm not as heartless as everyone thinks I am. Or maybe I am, maybe I've become the monster that I've been turned into by my past. My parents don't really care about me. They want me to be mated to an Alpha so they don't have to take care of me anymore. When I was younger, they always told me that I was destined to be mated to an alpha, and that I'm a natural born leader.

That's another reason why I can't be with John, he's not the perfect mate, and my parents would never approve. They like him, but they would never want me to be mated with him.

I've never understood why they act all high and mighty, they're not even the betas, or thirds for this pack. They are just normal pack members, but you would think that they're Alphas from the way they act.

I need to mate with an Alpha. I need to forget my past and move on before I lose my mind. I'm almost to the point of insanity because of the nightmares that I'm plagued with each night. Being "perfect" all the time is too much stress, I'm hanging on by a thread.

So many things to do. So little time.

Ryder's POV

Tomorrow, we are finally leaving the Crest Falls pack. It has been decided that we are not forming an alliance with them.

Surprise, surprise.

I can't wait to take my mate home with me and introduce her to the pack. By now I'm sure most of them know about her, so I know they will be very eager to meet her.

I also can't wait for her to be round with my pups. Nothing gives a male wolf more pride than seeing his mate round with his pups. The only thing I'm worried about is whether or not I'll be a good father. I'm sure Elizabeth will be a great mother, but what if I turn out to be just like my dad?

My father never wanted me, he simply tolerated me because of my mom. He hated the fact that I took her time and attention away from him. He convinced himself that she loved me more than she loved him, and so he always saw me as a threat. There was not a day that went by when he didn't remind me that it was my fault that my mother had died.

In a way, I understand what he was thinking, but it wasn't my fault that I was a pup and I needed a certain amount of attention. I never asked to be born. I will make sure that what happened to me will never happen to my children. I will always love them no matter what. It doesn't matter what genders my kids are, I just want them all to be happy and healthy. I do want a daughter though, one that looks just like Elizabeth, and someone who will be my little princess.

Wait, I'm thinking way too far ahead. What if Elizabeth doesn't want children? Kaydon growls at this.

"My mate will have my pups!" he growls.

"I'm not going to force her into having our kids. If she doesn't want children, then we don't have to have any..." I trail off.

My heart squeezes painfully as I think of that. I don't care if we don't have an heir to take over as Alpha one day, but what if she doesn't want to have children? What if she doesn't want to have MY children? I've always wanted children and I-

"Instead of making assumptions, why don't you just ask our mate what she wants?" Kaydon asks with an eye roll. He's right, but I don't know if I want to hear the answer to that question yet.

"Ryder? Are you ok? You've been staring at your suitcase for the last ten minutes and I-"

"Do you want children?" I blurt. Her eyes widen, and she bites her lip. Damn, she's probably going to say no. I'm such an idiot.

"Seriously Ryder? You just went and blurt it out without even thinking. Why did I have to get stuck with you?" questions Kaydon.

I feel so nervous, and I've never felt like that before. It's unnerving, and I don't like it. Even my wolf is getting a little nervous since she handy answered my question. Is this really what happens when you meet your mate? You start second guessing yourself and you worry about every little thing?

"Do you want children?" Elizabeth asks in a soft voice. I nod my head slowly.

"I'd love to have children, but only if you want to have them."

She gives me a small smile before nodding her head.

"I'd like that very much Ryder."

My face splits into a huge smile, and within seconds, I have her in a tight hug. She just made me the happiest man alive. Kaydon howls in joy, and the both of us feel very relieved that she wants to have our pups.

I love her so much. I want to tell her that, but I'm afraid that it's too soon, and that it will make her scared. I'll just have to wait for the perfect moment.

*

*

*

Once we're done packing, we head downstairs to have a late dinner. It's already 9 pm, and we have to go to sleep soon because we are leaving early in the morning.

I find two plates in the fridge that have our names on them. I silently thank Emily for her thoughtfulness. I put one of the plates in the microwave before I get out two glasses so Elizabeth and I can have something to drink. Once the first plate is done, I put the second plate in the microwave. Elizabeth grabs some orange juice from the fridge, and she puts some in both of the glasses.

Once everything is done, we sit at the table and start eating.

"Ryder?"

"Hm?"

"Do you think I'll be a good Luna?"

"I think you'll be the best Luna that has ever lived." She gave me a smile.

"Thank you." I just shrug. It's the truth, Elizabeth will be an amazing Luna.

"Do you think your pack will like me?"

"Of course they will like you. They will adore you just as much as I adore you." Her cheeks turn a cute shade of pink as she blushes. She leans her head against my shoulder, and we finish the rest of our dinner in silence.

After dinner, we walk up to our room, and we crawl into bed.

I turn off the lamp near the bed and I quickly pull my mate against my chest.

I can't wait to get out of here so my pack can meet their future Luna.