Chapter 21-Edited

Chapter 21

Elizabeth's POV

My head hurts so bad. It feels like I've been hit by a truck, and then an elephant decided to sit on my head. What's going on? Why do I hear an annoying beeping sound? I groan and try to open my eyes.

I hear shuffling around the room, and even though the person is trying to be quiet, it still sounds too loud for my sensitive ears.

Once my eyes open, I rub them to try and rub the sleep away from them. There's a blinding white light that I see when my eyes open. I look around the room and see Ryder moving things around.

"Ryder? Are you ok?" I ask while sliding out of bed.

"What? Yeah, I'm fine," he mumbles distractedly.

"So there's no reason for you moving all this furniture around?"

"Nope! I just thought we needed a change around here."

"So at," I glance at the clock, "3 in the morning you thought this would be prime time to start acting like an interior designer? I don't know about you, but I'd much rather be sleeping," I say while walking over to him.

"It's only 3 in the morning? Wow, I thought it was a lot later. I just haven't been able to sleep since yesterday..." He trails off with a far away look on his face.

"Ryder, everything will be ok," I say while trying to convince myself. I wrap my arms around his waist from behind and rest my head against his muscular back.

"Things are not alright! Did you see what was in the box?" I suck in a deep breath and nod my head.

"Yes, I saw what was in the box," I say quietly. He turns around to face me, and he instantly pulls me into a bone crushing hug.

"How can you be so calm?" Ryder asks while breathing in my scent.

"Well, honestly, I'm really freaked out, but we need to be calm, the pack needs us." Ryder doesn't say anything, but I know that what I just said helped snap him out of whatever trance he was in earlier.

The beeping sound continues, and it's honestly getting on my nerves.

"Ok, what's that beeping sound?" I ask while looking around the room. Ryder frowns as if he's only noticing that sound for the first time.

"I have no clue," Ryder mummers while searching around the room. We search the room for about 10 minutes before we just decide to give up.

"Ok, it's like 3:30, and I'm really tired, so I'm going to bed. I'm just going to try to ignore it." I'm heading over to the bed when I trip over something and fall flat on my face. Ryder is by my side in an instant, and he has a worried look on his face.

"Are you ok? What happened! Are you dying!" I give him a flat look, and I want to roll my eyes, but I can see that he's being completely serious about this.

"Ryder, I'm fine, I just tripped, it's no big deal." He starts helping me up, but then something catches his eyes, and he lets go of my arms. I fall back onto the floor because I wasn't standing properly yet.

"That's where my phone went!" Ryder says as he picks up the phone.

He freaking dropped me back on the floor because he saw his phone?

"Seriously Ryder?" I say while rubbing my forehead. Why is the floor so hard?

"This is what's been making the beeping sound! I had an alarm on, and it hasn't stopped! Damn, my phone is almost dead because of that," Ryder mumbles to himself. I stare at him in shock before I get off the ground and walk over to the bed. I try to sleep, but my mind is full of everything that's happened to me recently.