Chapter 18-Edited

Chapter 18

Elizabeth's POV

I never imagined that my life would change so much. If someone would have told me a few months ago that I was going to get a second mate, become a Luna of a pack, be accepted into a pack with open arms, or that I would meet parents that actually cared for me, I probably would have rolled my eyes, and ignored them.

I can't believe everything that has happened in my life, and how everything is finally falling into the right places. Well, almost everything. I'm not surprised though since Zack has made it his mission in life to make me miserable. Every time I've tried to be happy, he ruins everything.

"He won't ruin our happiness this time. Ryder and Kaydon will not let him," Annabel says with a sigh of happiness.

It's nice to have other people willing to protect you other than your brother. Everyone has always alienated me, so being accepted into this pack has been such a wonderful experience. Everyone here has been so kind, and they've gone out of their way to make sure I'm happy. The women will include me in their activities, and the children are absolutely wonderful. There's never a dull moment for me in this pack.

Just the other day, some of the women in the pack were teaching me how to make different foods and they told me some funny stories about the children or when they met their mate. Abigail has basically been attached to my hip since I first met her, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I absolutely adore her.

I've also met Chris, Ryder's third in command, and his mate. Chris is very outgoing and energetic, but his mate, Macy, is kind of shy, like me. We get along very well, and she's an absolute sweetheart.

Brian and Emily's daughters, Ashley and Ana, are troublemakers, but they are too cute to stay mad at. They are always pulling pranks and making messes, but they can be very mature and wise at times.

It's been a week since my parents got here, and so far, everything has been calm.

"The calm before the storm," Annabel says. I agree with her. I don't know what Zack is planning, but I know that it's going to be something big. He's trying to gather as much support as he possibly can, but luckily, no one wants to help him fight this pack. This is one of those times when I'm thankful that this pack has a reputation that people are afraid of. For now, it's giving us time to prepare for Zack's attack. The pack is doing a little more training than usual to make sure everyone is ready for anything that may happen. The rogues and vampires that came with my mom and dad are still here, in fact, they have all joined this pack.

Lately we have been trying to come up with a plan so we have an insider to give us information on Zack's pack. If we send some spies to the pack, there is a huge risk of them being killed. I'm actually the only one who thinks that. Everyone else knows that they will be fine, but I don't want to take that risk. It's bad enough that this pack has to sacrifice themselves for me in case anything happens. I don't want to send people directly to their death.

Everyone is underestimating Zack, and that's not a good thing. I know he will do something completely unexpected, and then we'll be in trouble. Something tells me that he's going to do whatever it takes to take this pack down, and I'm pretty sure he has a few dirty tricks up his sleeves.

The pack fighters and warriors there are actually really good since my brother played a part in training them.

The atmosphere in this room is tense and silent. We want to make sure that we don't lose anyone from this pack, but that might not be possible, and that's what worries me the most.

The meeting is at a stand still. There's not one plan that everyone is willing to follow. We've been here for 5 hours, and we still don't have anything. There's always a flaw in each plan that has been said, and I can tell that it's having a negative impact on everyone here.