Chapter 28-Edited

Chapter 28

Patrick POV

"Be careful with her body!" Zack growls at one of my pack members. Yes, I have a small pack forming, and I'm proud of it. My pack members are loyal, and a lot stronger than Zack. Any of them could fight Zack and easily kill him. I will not have him disrespecting them. I growl at Zack and he glares at me. I want to kill him, but instead, I take in a deep breath. I'll have time to kill him later.

After we kidnapped the slut, we quickly left so we could get to a safe place. Zack has this cabin somewhere that he's been bragging about, but at this point I'm not sure if he was telling the truth. We've been walking for hours. I'm starting to get restless because this is unknown territory. I know my men feel the same way.

"I don't understand why you want her so much. She's a useless little whore," I say while rolling my eyes.

"Hey! Only I can say that about her!" Zack says with a smirk. I look at him with disgust before I go back to observing my men. Some of them are carrying Elizabeth's unconscious body, and some of them are in their wolf forms ready to attack anyone who tries to stop us. I'm always amazed at their loyalty and their willingness to help me.

"Where's this camp that you were bragging about?" I ask after a few minutes.

"It's only a few minutes away."

"Good."

"Aw, is someone getting tired?" Zack says in a baby voice and with a smirk on his face. I'm about to reach over and strangle him when one of his pack members stops me. I quickly shrug them off and continue to walk.

We walk in silence and I take this time to look at my surroundings. All I see are trees. Nothing interesting out here.

"It would be a great place to hide a dead body," my wolf states. I glance over at Zack and I feel a smirk forming on my lips.

I can finally get rid of him. I've been waiting for this moment for a long time.

"Not yet. We still need him. Have patience for once in your life." I grumble slightly to my wolf, but I listen to him. It would be a major setback if I killed Zack right now.

"We're here!" Zack announces. I look around and see a shady looking building. The looks on my pack members' faces show nothing but disgust, and I almost start to laugh. Zack looks so proud of this place and I once again start to rethink my partnership with him.

Maybe I could accomplish my goals without him.

"Is this seriously the cabin you were talking about?" My eyebrows arch as I wait for his answer. He rolls his eyes and nods his head.

"Of course it is! This is the perfect place! No one would ever expect us to be here!" He answers like it's the most obvious thing in the world. I inwardly sigh while looking at the rundown house. I guess this will have to do. I nod at my men and they reluctantly enter the cabin.

I walk in after them and my nose instantly scrunches up in distaste. This place is horrific! Zack walks in and takes a deep breath in.

"Isn't this just fantastic?" He asks while looking around the place. I give him a flat look and turn away. I look around the small cabin with scrutinizing eyes. If I thought that outside was bad, this is way worse. When was the last time anyone was here?

The place is covered with dust and it smells revolting. The walls are moldy, and the floorboards creak with every step that's taken. I don't think I can work in these conditions.

"Are you sure there's no other place we can stay in?" Zack gives me an irritated look before shaking his head.

"You should be grateful that we even have this place. We can either stay here, safe from Ryder and his pack, or we can go somewhere a little more comfortable and risk blowing our cover!" He snaps at me.