✔️dreams

his hand stretched out with a few pops and patted the bed sheets, only a warm spot. joshua frowned sleepily. he propped himself up on his elbows and yawned, ruffling up his vibrant hair a bit.

"ty?" no response.

joshua called out a few more times but to no avail. no one came. joshua sat up on his knees and stretched out his limbs, hissing out when a burn spiked up his spine. joshua thought nothing of it and slide out of bed, finding one of tylers sweatshirts and sliding it on. it went an inch lower than his boxers and decided against pants.

"love? where are you?" joshua's sock-clad feet slide against the wooden floor, rubbing at his eyes and combing back his hair.

doors were still closed, joshua reminding himself its night when he looked out the window and stars littered the sky. he could hear feet pacing roughly against the floor and a harsh voice. joshua sneakily slipped down the stairs and was met with a distressed tyler pulling quite harshly on his hair.

"t-ty?" the pacing stopped and so did his voice, the brunet snapped his gaze towards the dishevelled joshua and smiled almost animal-like.

joshua took a step back when his eyes met bright crimson eyes and canine teeth. this wasn't his tyler.

the brunet took a step forward, "love, what are you doing up?"

joshua fumbled with his fingers and looked down, "i-i was jus' wondering where you were.."

the yellow hue looked up when he heard laughter, hesitantly taking a step back up the stairs which tyler easily noticed.

"where are you going?" there was a slight growl in his voice that sent shivers up joshuas spine, he took one more step up and that's when there was a hand on his wrist pulling joshua back down.

joshua slammed into the brunet's chest with wide eyes and short breath. tylers deathly grip was still on his wrist with claws protruding into his skin. joshua flinched when a cold hand tugged up the sweatshirt and slid inside, "t-ty? what are you doing?"

tylers hand disappeared from his wrist and joshuas head was jerked up, canine teeth flashing and red eyes glowing, "you're 'ty' isn't here anymore."

the yellow hue cried out when claws dragged up slowly on his spine, weakly trying to get out of the brunets grip. more scratches were made before joshuas body slumped against tylers, barely registering curse words tumbling out of tylers mouth when he came back to be.

-

joshua woke up with tears streaming down his face and a worried tyler. when tyler noticed he was awake, he let out a sigh of relief and a smile, "hey, baby."

joshua looked down and saw that he was in tylers lap, resting his head on the brunet's shoulder and taking deep breaths.

when tyler woke up, joshua was whimpering out and scratching at the sheets relentlessly.

joshua sat back and wiped away the tears, cupping the brunet's face and making sure this was the tyler he loved. tyler raised a brow when joshua asked him to show him his teeth, tyler did but questioned him.

joshua shrugged his shoulders, " I'm just making sure you're not 'him'."

tyler knitted his eyebrows together and slightly tilted his head, "what?"

joshua shrugged his shoulders again, "the dream I had, you were in it but it wasn't...you."

tyler raised a brow and joshua sighed, "its hard to explain, but you were leaving scratch marks on my back and wouldn't stop."

the yellow hue yelped in surprise when tyler turned him around, feeling a light trace run all over his back and a sigh. tyler hugged the boy from behind and rested his forehead on joshuas freckled shoulder, mumbling out an 'im so sorry'.

joshua knitted his eyebrows together, "why are you sorry?"

tyler didn't say anything and lifted joshua out of his lap. joshua watched as tyler walked over to the door and opening it, the brunet looking back and making motions with his hand for joshua to follow. tyler pulled the confused boy into the bathroom and in front of the mirror, turning joshua around to face him and murmuring out 'look'.

long, red claw marks made home at joshuas back and the yellow hue gasped, tyler lightly traced them.

"wait—what, how?" joshua was just speechless.

"it may have been a dream but when it comes to him, it becomes real." joshua turned his head back to tyler with a questioned look.

tyler looked away, "I'm not going to explain right now, let's just go back to bed."

joshua didn't question and let tyler drag him back to his room, he didn't question when tyler tugged off his tank top and slid it over him, and he didn't question when tyler tucked him in and slept on the other side of the bed.

no, joshua didn't question but he sure as hell wish he did.