✖️bile

it would be a lie saying josh faked a sickness, pretended to throw up, and fake a temperature of 103.8 just to have an excuse to not hang out with tyler.

but still, that would be a lie.

the stench of bile lingered in the air as josh stayed huddled in the corner, throw up covering the majority of his shirt. he didn't know how this happened or what he ate to make him empty out his stomach faster then he can blink.

his limbs felt sore, his stomach ached, and his brain felt like mush, gosh did he want to sleep.

he didn't even hear the bathroom door open until he heard a familiar voice cut through the silence like a knife slicing into hot butter, making his stomach twist in agony.

"well, this changes everything and gosh does it smell."

josh only clutched tighter to his knees, feeling a hand softly touch under his chin and slowly bring his head up to see the familiar brown eyes that made him want to cry.

that's when his muscles loosened and his vision blacked out.

---

josh didn't know who he was, he didn't even know where he was when he woke up. all he knows that he has a pounding headache, his body felt weak, and a pair of dark red eyes was staring at him.

wait, what.

josh blinked and they were gone, only brown eyes replaced them this time. only to realize that tyler was sitting on an armchair next to his bed with a smile.

"hey, you're alive and not dead. scared me when you passed out, how are you feeling?"

josh only mumbled out an "I'm fine" before rubbing his head in agony. josh knew he probably had a cold, no doubt a fever, since his immune system completely sucked. he didn't even feel tylers hand upon his head when tyler checked to see if he was burning up or not, only to hear a hiss and a mumbled out "yep, he's sick".

his head wasn't the only thing that felt hot, his whole body felt like it was roasting in hell; his stomach twisting in complete agony and a headache that repeatedly slammed against his head.

the only slight comfort he got was tylers hand gently pushing his head back against his comforter.

why are his hands so cold?

that's when a sharp pain spread throughout his neck before disappearing, but only to be replaced with a kiss.

"gosh, you're lucky to be sick, so so lucky."

but josh didn't hear it because he was already passed out.