1: Today's The Day

[Princi's POV]

I looked in the mirror, nervousness rushing through my veins with vehement fervor. Today was the day that I would tell Baldi that I love him.

I sighed, exiting the bathroom and trudging down the stairs. I had delayed this moment for months, and I decided that I couldn't hold it in anymore. It got to the point where I couldn't even say hello to Baldi in the hallways without blushing.

During my walk to school, I gave myself a pep talk. Sure, there's a chance that he might reject me, but we're such good friends that I'd be forgiven in seconds.

I couldn't focus that morning. I murmured a hello to Baldi on my way into the school, my eyes shaded with hidden intentions. He smiled and greeted me back like usual, completely oblivious.

My breathing was irregular and my hands were shaking as I attempted to focus on my paperwork. I couldn't stop thinking about the worst possible scenarios that might happen after I tell him. Each thought simply made me more scared to, but I pushed past it—I couldn't go about chickening out now.

Right before the bell rang for lunch, there was a knock at my office door. "Come in," I called, setting down the sheet of paper I was holding and getting up from my chair.

The door opened to reveal Baldi himself, sadness clouding his gaze. Suddenly, I realised something. Baldi's eyes had been like that for maybe a month now. He was obviously sad about something, and I didn't know what it was.

"I need to talk to you about something important," Baldi began, looking incredibly nervous.

I tilted my head curiously, listening to every word that spilt from his lips. "What is it?" I inquired.

He took a deep breath, closing his eyes tightly before reopening them to meet my gaze. "I'm giving you my two weeks' notice."

To Be Continued...