To War

The war had begun. Jake and Neytiri rode to the other Navi lands and villages, begging them to join in their crusade to battle the sky people for their land and freedom.

At the base, the general gathered his men and women soldiers into the cafeteria to brief them on the growing problem. The shades drew down as he began to speak.

"Everyone on this base, every one of you, is fighting for survival. There's an Aboriginal horde out there massing for an attack." He explains turning on a projection screen showing a thermal imaging of the area where the Navi were cultivating.

"Now these orbital images tell me that these hostiles numbers have gone from a few hundred two well over 2,000 in one day. And more are pouring in." He says clicking from a few dots to many dots.

"In a week's time there could be 20,000 of them. At that point they were overrun our perimeter; well that's not going to happen! Our only security lies in preemptive attack. Now the hostiles' main focus as of right now is this..." he clicks another button, showing a bright blue glow around the mountain side, within it was (Y/n).

"They believe that they're... deity had been reincarnated from this female, the same female who came from our own base." He explains, clicking again showing her closer, glowing lines and all.

"If we destroy her, we will blast a crater in their racial memory so deep that they won't come within a thousand klicks of this place ever again." He ends, causing the soldiers to cheer for him.

That night as (Y/n) sat in front of the tree of souls, she listened to the whispers of the lost lives of Navi, their souls woven into the threads of the tree itself. She smiled, keeping her eyes closed as she listened to their beautiful words.

"(Y/n)?" She heard faintly. Blinking her eyes open, she saw Jake walk up.

Then he surprised her by getting down to his knee with his head down, bowing to her. She chuckled silently as he stood up right with a sheepish smirk.

"Well Neytiri said your kinda of Eywa now so... they say I should pray to you." He says sitting beside her.

'I am not Eywa Jake, she flows through me because I am a shell of energy. My mind is hers, yet her soil is apart from me.' She signs.

"Well, its still an honor..." he says, hugging her shoulders. She scoffed and brushed him away as he laughed a little. Then he grew serious.

"They're sending daisy cutters tomorrow, it will be tough to take them all down. And Max told me that Quaritch is coming straight for you." He says.

'But why me?' She signs.

"Because you are the people's hope, their faith. We can't let you die, it would kill them all." He says.

She smiled, standing and helping him stand.

'Then I won't die.' She signs simply.

The next morning, war ensued. The warriors were painted and rode their ikrans to their positions. (Y/n) was ordered to stay close to the tree of souls with her Ikran, just in case something went wrong.

Unfortunately it did, the sky people were many but the Navi had the home field advantage. They his in the mountain side, the walls holding their Ikran while the jungle terrain kid their Pale riders.

Then began to assault, the ground rumbled and shook as the horsemen raced across the floor, straight for the soldiers. Shots were fired, bows were shot, and both men and Navi went down. The ships then traveled farther, straight for the tree, yet the biggest was watching for her.

"This is papa dragon, find me that dragon witch quick. I want to be home in time for dinner." He says sipping his coffee as he watched the men head through the jungle and the ships flew through the valley. Then the Ikran attacked, diving down for the shuttles and taking them down. As they flew down and began their assault. (Y/n) watched from above, eyes wide in worry as some Ikran and Navi fell. Her heart broke and she cried as her Ikran roared in sorrowful fury.

'Must attack!' Her Ikran shouted in her mind.

Should they? That fool wanted her, maybe she could lead him away from the tree of souls, get him into a corner an finish them off.

Then she cried in pain, a sharp pain in her chest as she gasped loudly. She looked down, then cried out with her Ikran, diving downwards. Tsu'tey was falling down to the ground, disappearing through the trees. She drove down, all but jumping from him and landing with a roll, gasping as the pain continued. She ran to where he fell and gasped, seeing him laying against a broken branch of a tree. She pants out a cry as she rushed to his side, kneeling by him.

He was badly wounded, with gunshots littering his body and blood flowing all over. He watched as her lips quivered and her bright orbs spilled hot tears.

"My..." he attempts, only to be shushed by her, pressing leaves to his wounds to stop the bleeding.

'Do not speak my love, rest.' She signs quickly, her eyes foggy with more tears.

"No, I must say this... I did not want you to see me... as a failure. I am sorry." He breaths. She shook her head and smiled through her tears.

'You are the strongest warrior. Never be sorry for that. You will survive.' She signs.

"If I do not... forgive me." He says.

'I will always forgive you. But you must live... for me... and your child.' She signs.

"Child?" He breaths, his head lifting a bit. She took his head and held it against her chest, resting him on her legs as she held him close. He seemed to sigh ddeeply eyes closed and his body relaxing and for a moment, she feared the worst. She watched as fire spread through the land, Navi bodies littered the ground and the cries of the wounded sounding in her ears.

'Eywa... hear my plea. Give me to strength to save us. Help us... please...' She mutter a in her mind, tears falling to her mate's cheeks as she cried.

Then suddenly, she heard the heartbeat thump loudly in her chest, making her gasp. Then was the tumbling of the ground. She looked up just in time to see the animals rushing forwards, breaking through the enemy lines and crushing the soldiers. Ikrans flew down from the mountains, attacking the last of the ships.

Eywa has heard.