Finding the tribe

That night as (y/n) sat on a large tree branch, ordered from Jake; he began to carve a spear out of a long stick and wrapped his button up around the other end. She still thought this was a bag idea, but Jake figure it would be better to try a light a fire. He didn't really notice the lights starting to glow brighter each minute, but (y/n) didn't say anything.

"Hopefully there's something in this jungle that ignites." He says to her. She hugs her bag to her and sighs with a sigh. Jake sees this and stops, moving to her and put his hands on her knees, making her look at him.

"Hey, everything will be fine ok? I promised I'd protect you." He says putting his hand on her cheek, wiping away and unnoticeable tear.

This caused her cheeks to go purple in a blush and he chuckles. Their small moment broke when they heard some whooping and chattering. Jake quickly moved away to find a substance to light as (y/n) curled her legs up and shuddered in fear. Then the whooping stopped and she heard something slink into the tall grass. Then emerged from the brush, was a handful of small black dog like creatures with six legs and large antenna. They all gathered around in a circle around the branch where (y/n) hung, but they all sat down and stared at her. She was so afraid to be confused, seeing as how there were so many. She breathed out in relief knowing they wouldn't hurt her as Jake suddenly appeared, the spear now lit like a torch.

"Hey, get away from her!" he shouted, getting the animals' attention.

They all began to snarl and bark at him as he swung the spear at us. As they attacked, some stayed by (y/n), almost protectively as the others charged. Jake swung at us and reached (y/n), picking her up by her waist and putting her behind him. She was so confused she was still, watching as Jake jabbed one with the spear, sticking it with the pointed end, letting out a whine and it ran with the spear. Jake then pulled his knife out and began cutting and jabbing at the ones who attacked. (y/n) gasped as one jumped him and attempted to snap at his face.

(y/n) shook her head and started to run to us when an arrow shot through the trees and killed the one on Jake. He looked up confused as a female native jumped out of the trees, attacking us. (y/n) winced as she shot a couple, and then stabbed one. (y/n) helped Jake up and checked him for injuries as the little animals took off. The female hissed and snarled at the retreating animals as they turned back. a few whined in worry, like the large animal, but when she nodded to us, they ran. Jake walked up, about to thank her when she took the spear in one hand, craning her neck away from the light of the fire and threw it in the stream.

"Wait, don't!" he says but it was too late.

He threw his hands up and went into stream to retrieve the spear when the female looking over at (y/n) for a moment as the girl bent to the wounded one. (y/n) bowed her head low, sad at the poor animal that had to die. But why did they protect her like Jake was the threat? She put her hand on its head as it began to fade. Then it looked up at her and saw the pain in its eyes die, like it wasn't hurt at all. He whined at her a little and licked her palm before the light died in its eyes. The creature was dead. She leaned back on her knees as the female knelt down, putting her hands over the creature before mumbling something to it as Jake walked up.

"(y/n), you ok?" she nods and gets up, looking him over.

'I'm fine, are you?' she signs.

"I'm fine." He says with a smile before moving to the female, who stood and began to leave.

"Hey wait a second, where are you going?" he began to follow her as she walked away. (y/n) cringed as she grabbed her bag then followed. She turned the corner just as the female smacked him in the face with her bow, sending him to the ground. (y/n) gasped and knelt to Jake, glaring up at her.