Orders

Orders

“Hoolsue.” A female voice said out of nowhere, about a month after they left the deserted gas station in Botswana.

“Who’s out there?” Elice asked as she raised a ton of sharp rocks around them, prepare to shoot them at the owner of the voice.

“I haven’t heard from you in a long time.” Will said as he dropped all of the stuff he was carrying.

“Who is it?” Cliff asked as he carefully placed his own stuff down.

“Hello Kartiv.” Will said as an old wrinkly woman in ragged pieces of clothing slowly manifested in front of all of them.

The 4 Guardians all knew that the small figure in front of them was another Guardian. Her curved spine cracked as she slowly walked with her silver cane. Her pointy nose sniffed the air with great interest as the blotches on her face sparkled under the sunlight.

“Hello old friend.” Kartiv smiled as she did a small graceful bow.

“What about Hoolsue?” Will asked.

“Ogaras.” The old Ancient Guardian snapped her fingers as the air above her rippled and morphed as her Kaijinn slowly appeared in front of everyone. The area above her seem to shift as a small avian slowly appeared out of nowhere. Ogaras’ wide black eyes were studded with small golden specks that sparkled under the sunlight. The almost translucent Kaijinn slowly fluttered and landed onto Kartiv’s silver cane. Ogaras leered at everyone as Kartiv continued explaining.

“Hoolsue is where the Infection started…” Her old bones cracked as she slowly walked around them. “and it is also where you’ll find the key… your answer to Valentine’s actions.” The old Guardian looked at Elice when she said those words.

“Hoolsue’s in North America… how are we gonna get there in time?” Will asked.

“Oh you a long time, young ones… so you better start walking.” Kartiv said before she finally laid her eyes onto the Core Guardian.

The Guardian of Time and Space’s face suddenly portrayed confusion and intrigue. Will returned the stare with a confident smile and a slight tilted head. They watched Kartiv shrugged off whatever her mind came up with and focused on what she came there for.

“I have other timelines to guard over.” Kartiv said as she slammed the bottom of her silver cane down on the ground and watched Ogaras flap his large black wings in front of her Guardian.

The air around the Space and Time Guardian suddenly shifted and morphed like water. Kartiv slowly rippled and twisted like she was inside a blender. Kartiv looked at each of them, leaving Will for the last. Will smirked and winked which got a gasp from Kartiv. She tried stepping forward but she disappeared right before her muscles could even follow what her brain commanded.

“So… off to Hoolsue?” Cliff asked as he swiveled around.