Lies

Lies

Joshua, Juliet, and Angelique arrived on the building where Valentine released the Mutagen. It was a little girl floating in the middle of the rooftop who welcomed them into the building. She looked extravagantly cute in her pink high-cut dress and sky blue crystal slippers.

“Hello New ones… and… a human.” Aeria greeted with a curious smirk on her young face.

“Hello little girl…” Juliet smiled as she got off Joshua and ran up to the Sky Guardian.

“Don’t you dare come near me, human.” The little girl said as she snapped her fingers and made the winds swirl around Juliet and lift her up in the air.

“Hey!” Joshua snapped as he stretched his wings and tried flying to Juliet’s aid but Aeria’s violent winds managed to keep him at a distance.

“Please Sky Guardian… we mean no harm.” Angelique said as she warily walked up to the little girl with her hands in front of her to indicate that she has no malicious intentions.

The Sky Guardian raised her little eyebrow at the Fear Guardian as she studied Angelique with great interest. She smiled at Angelique which made the Fear Guardian relax. Aeria looked at Juliet, who was still up in the air, the violent breezes were on the process of preventing her from breathing. The Sky Guardian flipped her hand as she dismissed the winds away. Joshua acted quickly and caught Juliet before she landed harshly on the floor of the rooftop.

“Thank you, Ancient.” Angelique said as she gave Aeria a slight bow.

“You are most certainly welcome New one.” Aeria smiled as she floated up to level herself with the 5’4” Fear Guardian. “Ahh… Umulus… still looking tough and puff.”

Umulus snarled as the Sky Guardian before he jumped up in the air, turned back to his bracelet form, and floated back to Angelique’s wrist. The Sky Guardian chuckled as she looked at the Human Guardian walking up to them with the female human right behind him.

“Don’t touch me again… only male humans can touch this.” Aeria giggled as she licked her index finger and touched her shoulder as she made a hissing sound.

“I’m sorry.” Juliet apologized with a fake smile because deep inside, she was itching to plunge her dagger deep into the little girl’s right eye.

“Apology accepted… but be warned, Terrandum and I, Aeria, do not care that much for humans but Valentine,” Aeria chuckled as she said the Living Guardian’s name. “despises your race as much as she hates them.”

“Them?” Angelique repeated as the voices of the Past Fear Guardians bombarded her with things to say. “Them?!”

“Who’s ‘Them’?” Joshua asked.

“What are you saying?” Angelique asked as she took a stepped closer to the floating little girl. “Are you saying that they’re coming back?”

“Let us not talk out here.” Aeria said as she turned her head back to the door behind her and pulled it open with a small breeze. “Human Guardian…” Aeria whispered that only Joshua heard because Aeria made sure that her air only carried the sound to him.

“Yeah?” Joshua asked as he picked up Juliet’s sling bag, which fell when Aeria lifted her up.

“If you value that human… protect her at all costs from your mother.”

Aeria lead them down to the level where the other 2 Ancient were. Valentine was standing by the edge as she watched her creation with massive amounts of pride. Terrandum was casually sitting on a luxurious chair that was lying near the wall behind Valentine. Valentine sensed the familiar aura of Joshua and Angelique, although she sensed that there was something…stronger about Angelique’s aura. She turned around and was about to welcome them when she saw the human standing right behind the Human Guardian.