¦28¦

"Can't stop thinking about if and when I die. For now I see that "if" and "when" are truly different cries. For "if" is purely panic and "when" is solemn sorrow and one invades today while the other spies tomorrow. We're surrounded and we're hounded. There's no above, or under, or around it. For "above" is blind belief and "under" is sword to sleeve and "around" is scientific miracle, let's pick "above" and see"

It was certain now; someone had it out for Lola. Her mother, also known as the Snake Charmer, had returned to town, and she was seeking blood. It also happened that the blood she wanted belonged to her best friend: Jughead Jones. Couldn't anything about her life right now be normal? At least her dad seemed to be back on the right track.

Now, she stood in the White Wyrm with Fangs, Toni and Sweet Pea. Everything seemed to be completely insane. Here they all were, taking a vote on whether they should hang Jughead out to dry in favour of a woman who had hurt them all.

"Jones will be fine" Sweet Pea's deep voice almost whispered in Lola's ear. She had been in a case of worry and jumped at the sudden sound. After recovering, Lola looked up at the tall Serpent and smiled weakly. Sweet Pea, however, knew her too well yo take this seriously. Without a second thought, he threw an arm around her in a side hug.

This gesture made Lola smile for real. He could tell by looking at her that she was nervous. All she could hope was that he was right about her best friend being okay. Before she could thank the boy, the doors burst open.

"Stop the damn vote!" FP exclaimed, startling everyone in the room. Silence descended as everyone turned to face the Jones' accompanied by Betty Cooper. What on earth was she doing here? Lola thought she'd avoid this place like the plague.

"What the he'll were you doing at the dump last week Tall Boy?" FP interrogated as the man emerged from the crowd. No one seemed to understand what was going on, Lola included.

She looked to Jughead with a confused expression, but the boy's hardened gaze was focused on the arm currently around her. That would be fun to explain later.

"I don't know what you're talking about" Tall Boy claimed. No one dared speak for fear of breaking the moment. FP would never question his right hand without reason.

"I'm talkin about you cutting the head off of the Pickens statue and stashing it at the dump wjere you were seen dumbass, so start talking" FP spat. Lola froze in pure shock. Could Tall Boy really be the one behind it? This man had been like a second father to her all her life, so how could he betray their family?

"Why'd you do it? Someone put you up to it?" Jughead questioned, voicing the questions floating around everyone's minds. "What's the Northsider doing here? This is Serpent business. It's on Serpent land" Tall Boy said, avoiding all of Jughead's questions.

"She's here because she's one of us" Lola spoke up, smiling at the blonde girl. She may be a Northsider but she did the dance and she had done so much to help the Serpents, even if it was mainly because of Jughead.

"You haven't answered my son's question. Why'd you do it?" FP questioned, determined he would get his answers. "'Cause I am tired of seeing the Serpents going soft under your rule. Then Hiram came by, wanting to stir up some trouble" Tall Boy began.

Lola scoffed to herself. Not only was Tall Boy showing no remorse what so ever, Hiram Lodge was at the centre of it all as usual. "He said if I took the head, he'd get get McCoy and the cops to swarm all over us, cause some chaos" Tall Boy continued.