¦6¦

"You know I'm bad at love. But you can't blame me for tryin'. You know I'd be lyin' sayin' you were the one that could finally fix me, lookin' at my history"

When Lola and Sweet Pea arrived at the White Wyrm, they still didn't say anything about what had happened. It was as if they believed that if they didn't say it out loud then Veronica never really shot that gun and Dilton never fell on his knife. Instead, they silently walked inside together.

"Hog Eye, throw me the first aid kit" Lola yelled towards the bar. Hog Eye did as she said and she walked towards the back, Sweet Pea following closely behind. It was only now that she took the time to examine the tall Serpent's cuts and bruises. "Jesus Christ" she mumbled, not having realised how bad they were.

"That bad, huh?" Sweet Pea answered while smirking, as usual. Lola gave him a weak smile while hopping up on the counter and gesturing for him to stand in front of her. She scoffed as she realised he was still taller than her, even with the added height. Carefully, she began cleaning his cuts.

"Well, you don't need stitches anyway" Lola stated, trying to lighten the mood. Sweet Pea was about to answer but he winced as Lola put a little too much pressure on one of his wounds. She shot him an apologetic look but continued with her work.

"Thanks for doing this Princess" Sweet Pea mumbled, earning him a smile. "Princess? Really? You can't be original? Everyone calls me that" Lola retorted, trying to annoy the boy. However, he just smirked and leaned one hand either side of her on the counter, looking down at her.

"I mean, really though. Even Jug calls me Lo. And Pop calls me LoLo-don't ask" Lola continued, not noticing Sweet Pea staring at her. "I could just call you mine" he answered in a low, raspy voice. His reply shocked Lola. It was then she realised how close the two were.

For a moment, neither of them said anything. They stared into each other's eyes and Lola noticed Sweet Pea's facial expression change. She couldn't tell what he was thinking and she couldn't decipher the look in his soft eyes.

Realising she hadn't answered him, Lola spoke up. "You wish." She jumped off the counter and closed the first aid kit. She didn't know what had just happened, or if Sweet Pea even thought something had happened. 

"I, uh. I should get home. My dad's probably wondering where I am" Lola said while walking to the door. "And put some ice on your eye, it'll help with the bruising." Sweet pea just stared at the girl as she left, not saying a word. Lola didn't know if he was too shocked to speak or if he just didn't care. She wasn't sure which option was worse.

Lola started to walk home, not wanting to ask Serpent Boy to drive her after what had just happened. She didn't live far from the White Wyrm, but it was far enough to feel the chill in the air as it prickled at her exposed skin.

The entire walk home, all she could think about was what had happened. But what did happen? Sweet Pea's words kept on repeating themselves in her mind like a broken record. "I could just call you mine." What did he even mean? There was only one definition of "mine" but what if he meant something else? Did Lola want him to mean something else?

By the time Lola got home, she was even more confused than when she left the White Wyrm. She was exhausted but her thoughts kept her up almost all night. Each time she replayed the moment in her mind, she thought of a new explanation for it but none of them seemed to satisfy her. Maybe if she pretended it never happened nothing would change.