¦19¦

"First things first, I'ma say all the words inside my head. I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been, oh ooh, the way that things have been, oh ooh. Second thing second, don't you tell me what you think that I can be. I'm the one at the sail, I'm the master of my sea, oh ooh, the master of my sea, oh ooh"

Today was the day; the return of Lola Carter and Jughead Jones to Riverdale High. Who knows how bad this could go. If it was just Lola and Jughead, people probably wouldn't have cared; everyone knew them from when they were there last. But now, they were accompanied by other Serpents-many other Serpents. The Northsiders definitely weren't going to like the idea of the Serpents taking over.

Of course, the Serpents had to make a  big, dramatic entrance. Slowly, they entered the school, led by Jughead. Lola took a deep breath, brushing her newly-bleached hair out of her eyes and tightening her grip on Sweet Pea's hand for support. As they approached the desk at which Veronica and Archie stood, Lola couldn't help but think this was all like a movie.

"Friends, on behalf of the students and faculty here at Riverdale High, welcome to your new school" Veronica said with a wide smile. Despite the cheeriness in her voice, a palpable tensions clung to the air.

They were split down the middle; the Serpents stood on one end of the hall and the regular Riverdale High students stood on the other. It was almost like a war zone. It was clear that one wrong move would set off a riot.

However, to Lola's surprise, Reggie Mantle was nowhere to be seen. She had thought he would lining up to have a go at the Serpents. She shrugged off the uneasy feeling in her stomach and stood wrong, United with the Serpents.

"To ease this transition, I've set up a registration desk where you can get your locker assignments, schedules and a list of sports and extracurriculars. We encourage each and every one of you to drink deeply from the cup that is fair Riverdale" Veronica continued, causing Lola to tune out her ramblings.

"Stand down, Eva Peron" a familiar voice called out. Lola looked up, seeing none other Cheryl Blossom alongside Reggie Mantle. And to think Lola thought the Serpents' entrance was dramatic. At least she knew why Reggie hadn't been there, but now she knew for certain that something was about to go horribly wrong.

"There's the school spirit we so fondly remember" Jughead mumbled to Lola as Cheryl descended the stairs, followed by the Vixens. Lola laughed slightly at this, remembering the old days when all they had was each other.

"Cheryl, no one I voted fascist Barbie to the party" Veronica stated, rolling her eyes. Lola clamped her free hand over her mouth to stifle a giggle, deciding it was best not to draw more attention to herself.

"Wrong, Veronica. No one invited Southside scum to our school" Cheryl spat. Lola could feel the anger bubbling up in her veins, coursing through her. She wasn't always short-tempered, but the thing she hated most in the world was people stereotyping her family and blaming them.

"Listen up, ragamuffins. I will not allow Riverdale High's above average GPA to suffer because of classrooms that are overcrowded with underachievers" Cheryl snapped, now directing her attention to Lola and the other Serpents. In an attempt to remain calm, Lola squeezed her eyes closed, focusing on her breathing and Sweet Pea's warm hand in hers.

"So please, do us all a favour and find some other school to debase with your hardscrabble ways" Cheryl finished. This was the last straw for Lola. She knew that if she didn't speak up, someone else would, so why not?